Oceanic High Pressure Quick Disconnect Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

owlbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to get the part numbers for the 3 o-rings in the Oceanic HP QDC fitting used on Pro Plus and Pro Plus 2 etc. computers. We are servicing regs for a customer and the QDC Hose needs cleaning. Service many from other manufacturers but one of the o-rings in the Oceanic seems to be a different size. We have inquired with our local distributor but have not received answers. Hoping to expedite this so I can get orders in for the parts as soon as possible.

Can provide proof of dealership and current Technician certificate if required.

Thank you.
Bill

Not sure if this will help or not. Oceanic computers and QDs are from Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqualung. So the hoses and QD fittings should be pretty universal across Oceanic, Sherwood, and current Aqualung, assuming no generational differences.

Here is the Sherwood QD diagram and parts number list - they seem to be easiest to find the schematics and parts for the QD.
upload_2018-12-8_13-47-23.png

(quick note on general differences - I recently took apart my 25 year old Oceanic QD from my Pro Plus 2, and there was a nylon washer where this diagram indicates an o-ring for part #9. My current assumption is that the difference from the Sherwood diagram is due to age, and not brand.)

Edit: Now I am not so sure about my statement regarding a nylon washer. I don't see one in my parts bucket for my disassembled QD, so maybe I was thinking of something else I worked on that same day. I think #9 is the standard HP hose o-ring.

The o-ring #5 on the drawing is the one that is different in the QD fitting I am servicing. ID of the o-ring seems the same as a 007 o-ring but the one from this QD has a much thinner cross section than the ones I have seen in the Sherwood units.

Bill

I have a thinner cross section in my breakdown tray, that I believe is part #4, not #5. That thinner o-ring is not common, and is not on the Innovative Scuba o-ring guide. Part #5, 007 o-ring, is recessed inside a groove on my old Oceanic QD, and matches the Sherwood diagram.

I took apart my Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Quick Disconnect and measured the o-ring that in the diagram is part # 4. The measurements I obtained suggest that it is a 901 o-ring. It has the thinner cross section and the ID and OD measurements are very close to what I measured. Since it is a high pressure application you would probably be looking at durometer 90 vs a durometer 75 rubber hardness but opinions vary on that. All depends if you think the OD fitting is a static or dynamic application or on other recommendations from manufacturers, other divers/technicians and personal experience.

bump

I am trying to disassemble my wisdom quick disconnect in an attempt to replace a leaking hose and not spend the exorbinant amount of money that sherwood wants. Can any one enlighten me as to how it comes apart? It seems others have done it but I dont want to wreck it in the process.
Thanks for any help

There is another thread here that covers the disassembly. O-rings for Oceanic/Sherwood HP QD Assemblies

Short answer for removal is to get a QDC tool from Scuba Tools. Scubapro/Uwatec QDC Tool Kit Quick Disconnect

Next step would be to find a replacement hose. The Sherwood/Oceanic HP hose is a non-standard hose. Easier to switch over to Miflex HP hose. See the O-rings for Oceanic/Sherwood HP QD Assemblies thread for details

Thanks, I tried searching and this thread was all I could find. The tool looks like what I expected, I thought I was going to have to make my own but might be easier to just buy it. The miflex hose is what I was hoping to use.

Back
Top Bottom