Wrecks up North?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: Saw the thread title, and who started it and just thought ..... wonder why cv is such a wreck????
(Well you ARE up north!! LOL!)

Add a 3rd to the area?

After visiting those two I continued further north. 10 minutes moderate drifting I came across a 3rd vessel in 28ft of water. About 8 diver lengths long. Upturned, perpendicular to shore, flat to the sand. Twin inboards, appeared stripped. Nice schools of fish around it. Anyone know it's history or location? I'd like to visit it again with a camera.

Cameron

Didn’t know about that one Cameron!!! Did it look more like a private vessel? Look like it’s been there very long?

Didn’t know about that one Cameron!!! Did it look more like a private vessel? Look like it’s been there very long?

Somewhat just the hull of this, flat to the sand. I couldn't penetrate.
images (28).jpeg

Fairly clean still, no hard corals yet but soft sponges already.

At one time the two boats were referred to as the "love boats" as they were in front of the former Love Bar, and the boat launch. As stated, if the current is to the south (normally is) you will be able to see both boats. As an added twist, while tearing up part of Paradise Reef to accommodate another Cruise Ship, the authorities transplanted little coral heads between the two boats. I did not count but there may be 10 to 15 and it makes the dive much more interesting as they are full of life (until the next hurricane).

WE occasionally do those for our one tank afternoon dives from the Villa Aldora, then after the last boat we swim out to the wall well north of the ferry pier-- for some lion fish hunting in a northern current.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

We dove those I think during a DM/DSD training dive - very little current at the time and I thought it was actually a pretty cool spot to take a beginner. Wasn't there some concrete chunks scattered around too?

Yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom