Aqualung fusion vs Bare trilam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is there a major difference between the air core and dry core?
Yes, the main difference is that the air core is breathable, a huge difference in warm air temps. Drastically reduces the possibility of heat exhaustion/stroke.

Yes, the main difference is that the air core is breathable, a huge difference in warm air temps. Drastically reduces the possibility of heat exhaustion/stroke.

Hah! I always forget this part. And yes, it really does help.

One thing to consider with the Fusion suit is evaporative cooling of the outer skin. The suit acts like a swamp cooler which is great on hot days but on a cool to cold day I find that I will get chilled between dives if I don't doff the upper half of the suit. I have never had this problem with my standard shell suit.
Edit to add this link, I'm not sure why it's not a sticky but it has some great info from people that actually have and dive various suits. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...st-worst-your-dry-suit.html?highlight=nex-gen

One thing to consider with the Fusion suit is evaporative cooling of the outer skin. The suit acts like a swamp cooler which is great on hot days but on a cool to cold day I find that I will get chilled between dives if I don't doff the upper half of the suit. I have never had this problem with my standard shell suit.
Edit to add this link, I'm not sure why it's not a sticky but it has some great info from people that actually have and dive various suits. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...st-worst-your-dry-suit.html?highlight=nex-gen

I have been diving all winter in a fusion bullet and have not had this experience.

-Z

I have been diving all winter in a fusion bullet and have not had this experience.

-Z

Great to know as i primarily want a drysuit for the Canadian winters.

I plan to try and rent a few different styles and dive them before choosing an end all winner.

Great to know as i primarily want a drysuit for the Canadian winters.

I plan to try and rent a few different styles and dive them before choosing an end all winner.
Origanally Whites designed and produced the Fusions suits before Apeks acquired them. Whites is a Canadian company and understand cold water diving, cant go wrong IMO.

Origanally Whites designed and produced the Fusions suits before Apeks acquired them. Whites is a Canadian company and understand cold water diving, cant go wrong IMO.

Just for accuracy, it was Aqua Lung that acquired Whites, although I'm not sure what the business arrangement is with Apeks since they do make the Kevlar version of the Fusion and supply the valves for Fusions.
http://www.aqualung.com/militaryandprofessional/press/whites_manufacturing_join_aqua_lung.pdf

Yes, the DryCore is the trashbag suit. Noisy and harder to get on/off. The AirCore is much quieter and the inside is slicker. Much easier to get on/off. I had a DryCore for a month as a loaner while my AirCore was on order. Huge difference.
I have a dry core (5 years now)- The aircore looks awesome, but I was wondering if it much heavier and/or is it any more buoyant than the dry core? Does it require more lead?

Back
Top Bottom