Dunlop history

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apolonio Castillo, was a very popular Mexican diver who has been almost forgotten by the modern Mexican diver ad the diving world .
He was and is the unacclaimed Mexican pioneer .

Unfortunately he lost his life in a very early diving accident, prior to modern training and treating facilities .

Ellis, (E.R). Cross was from SoCal where he established and ran a diving school in Wilmington called the "Sparling School of Deep Sea diving" or a some what similar title.

In 1957 he closed the school, and took of for parts unknown in his sail boat "Fair Winds" with the intent of teaching diving and researching and writing about diving through out the world.

One of his stops was at Acapulco , at that time THE diving capital of Mexico . He gathered commercial, military and civilian divers for a formal course in diving, no doubt based on his very popular "Dive Master" Course which had been promoted out of the Chicago Company with the same name since 1955 .(@ dr bill note)

While lecturing he noticed a lady setting tn the back of the room with tears in her eyes and on occasion whimpering as he lectured. At the break he discovered and was introduced to the widow of Apolonio Castillo,the pioneer diver of all Mexico, who had recently been killed in an unfortunate and preventable diving accident.

He continued on his journey teaching, researching and writing - One of his most notable discoveries as Taravana which he announced in his SDM column

During the earlier days of diving I visited and dove Acapulco on several occasions. On the waterfront is a stature of a young diver dressed in a bathing suit with a Sea Net type mask on his forehead and holding Churchill in his hand -- It is statue of Apolonio Castillo...

Sam Miller, 111

Do these appear to be the fins?

Great archival video regardless.
Cameron

Apolonio Castillo, was a very popular Mexican diver who has been almost forgotten by the modern Mexican diver ad the diving world .
He was and is the unacclaimed Mexican pioneer .

Unfortunately he lost his life in a very early diving accident, prior to modern training and treating facilities .

Ellis, (E.R). Cross was from SoCal where he established and ran a diving school in Wilmington called the "Sparling School of Deep Sea diving" or a some what similar title.

In 1957 he closed the school, and took of for parts unknown in his sail boat "Fair Winds" with the intent of teaching diving and researching and writing about diving through out the world.

One of his stops was at Acapulco , at that time THE diving capital of Mexico . He gathered commercial, military and civilian divers for a formal course in diving, no doubt based on his very popular "Dive Master" Course which had been promoted out of the Chicago Company with the same name since 1955 .(@ dr bill note)

While lecturing he noticed a lady setting tn the back of the room with tears in her eyes and on occasion whimpering as he lectured. At the break he discovered and was introduced to the widow of Apolonio Castillo,the pioneer diver of all Mexico, who had recently been killed in an unfortunate and preventable diving accident.

He continued on his journey teaching, researching and writing - One of his most notable discoveries as Taravana which he announced in his SDM column

During the earlier days of diving I visited and dove Acapulco on several occasions. On the waterfront is a stature of a young diver dressed in a bathing suit with a Sea Net type mask on his forehead and holding Churchill in his hand -- It is statue of Apolonio Castillo...

Sam Miller, 111

Hello Sam I am Yves Clercin, have you written a book! I offer you an exchange, the book I wrote on Louis de Corlieu against one of yours. what do you think. my book is titled Prime Human Delphinus, looking forward to reading you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom