Just ditch it! – MAKO free Weight Belt replacement policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Dive Buddies,

This week, I want to highlight my MAKO high performance rubber Freedive Weight Belt.

MAKO Direct Price: Only $23.95 each - No dive shop markup!
freedive weight belt

https://www.makospearguns.com/Freedive-Weight-Belt-p/mfdwb.htm

456c732c-0555-44b9-b0b7-c5708a7532ab.jpg

This is a high performance freedive belt and includes our exclusive “MAKO EMERGENCY DITCH - FREE REPLACEMENT POLICY”.

If you or your dive buddy ever have to ditch your belt in a true emergency, I will replace your belt and weights free of charge.

DON’T EVER CONSIDER THE COST OF REPLACEMENT IN AN EMERGENCY. JUST DITCH IT!

The only thing we ask is that you share with us some sort of write-up about how the situation developed and how it was resolved.
That way, we can all learn and be reminded to keep safety in the forefront of our minds.

Thanks guys for taking time to read this.

And, remember, don’t let my MAKO Direct prices fool you.
At MAKO we sell high performance gear, direct to divers, so there is NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!

NO promo code needed. This is our regular MAKO Direct Price.

Dive safe,
dano

Hey Everyone:

Although this type of belt is extremely popular with freedivers, many Scuba divers have never been introduced to belt like this.

Rest assured, the mechanism pops open with a one-handed operation and the rubber material does not slide around your waist like a nylon belt and it also has some elasticity to it, so it stays put, even when worn low on your hips.

This video might explain the belt a little better than I:

I am likely alive due to ditching a weight system.

Taking cost of replacement out of the decision making process in an emergency is kind. Surprisingly, it's a significant factor.

Thank you.
Cameron

Uhh.........I think my weight belt fell out of my car window on the Interstate......somewhere....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom