Dive Coat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Surf Fur for my son who surfs the east coast in the winter. He loves it but that would not be my first choice for warm weather travel. That would be a heavy / bulky item to pack. Agree that the key is too break the wind and in Cozumel I use a light Goretex shell. I was there in January with clouds and wind and was totally comfortable on the SI. Also search Dive Parkas and Swim Parkas.
I have not tried these but a couple of links from Scuba.com that seem like a decent value.
Scuba Dive Parka with Hood and Polar Fleece Lining
Scuba.. After Dive / Surf Hooded Jacket with Polar Fleece Lining

@Sushi Boy, yes, the surf fur works when wet. Granted I haven't worn mine when soaked, but I do throw it on over a wet wetsuit and it has gotten damp on the outside at the same time. Even in these conditions, its makes a noticeable difference. Honestly, it's one of the best pieces of dive gear I've ever spent money on.

I would've put TruWest in the running were it not for the 4-5 week production time. Not too keen on spending $130 on a coat only to find it waiting on my doorstep when I get back from my trip.
I've not had a wait. Get what you need within your acceptable wait period.

Surf fur has waterproof and windproof membrane between black and grey fuzzy fabrics to keep wetness in or out, depending need. Also completely reversible to wear and/or dry.

I've been using a Dryrobe as a boat jacket in Monterey, in addition to using it as a towel and changing robe to avoid flashing people when changing out of a wetsuit. It's almost too comfortable - I got too cozy on the way back to shore after a pair of dives once and almost fell off the side of the RIB when I dozed off.

Worried about wet boat coat? Throw it in a dry bag. And you can compress the volume as well.

We have found that any windbreaker light jacket will really help for most Cozumel weather conditions!

Back
Top Bottom