Aqualung fusion vs Bare trilam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Goat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just looking for opinions on which drysuit would be better? The Aqualung Fusion or the Bare trilam?

I have yet to dive either but am diving the Bare in two weeks to try it out.

Thanks

If you are buying off the rack, the fusion is a better choice if you do not fit standard sizes well.

the UK MTM suits are a better value than either right now though at retail for a new suit

I dive a fusion tech i bought used. have done the neck and wrist seals once. no complaints in the 4 years i have owned it.

My Fusion Fit (the woman specific skin) fits so much better than my first USIA suit which was custom (trilam).

Search for my thread "Confessions of a Former Fusion Hater." Lots of good stuff in there.

Fusion= best fit (OTS) and flexibility of any suit.....can change skins as diving changes, simple to repair.....pockets suck....bullet takes forever to dry
Bare= history of leaks, poor service, easily to up grade

My 2 psi......

My Fusion Fit (the woman specific skin) fits so much better than my first USIA suit which was custom (trilam).

Search for my thread "Confessions of a Former Fusion Hater." Lots of good stuff in there.

My wife now owns Marie13's USIA trilam suit. I have a Fusion Bullet. My dive partner this past weekend was in a Beuchat trilam suit. I can attest that the the Fusion is way more supple/flexible than either the USIA or the Beuchat trilam suits. That being said, it would seem like the other suits are quicker to put on. Taking off, seems to be the same, but because the fabric of the Fusion is so supple, it takes a tad bit more time to put on, but once it is on, it is super comfy and flexible, it feels form fit.

-Z

I can only comment on the Fusion. Great suit and is the best bang for your buck, all things considered. Six years down the line of cave diving, no leaks, no issues and in mint condition.

I used a Bare Trilam HD for several years and had great luck with it. I'm diving a Bare X-Mission now and like it as well. The X-Mission is my first MTM suit and that alone made a huge difference. I bought the Trilam HD in 2004 and I still have it as a backup suit. Unless they have changed their sizing, Bare is one of the few manufacturers to offer stock Tall sizing. I have never used a Fusion.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is there a major difference between the air core and dry core?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is there a major difference between the air core and dry core?

Yes, the DryCore is the trashbag suit. Noisy and harder to get on/off. The AirCore is much quieter and the inside is slicker. Much easier to get on/off. I had a DryCore for a month as a loaner while my AirCore was on order. Huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom