Anybody making a multistage electric O2 Booster or compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ rddvet, thanks for the info that buying a sierra is a waste of time and money.

Michael
As Rddvet found, American Airworks used to sell a seal kit that upgraded the Sierra to a O2 compatible booster.

They no longer do.

Just curious, what are you using 6000 psi oxygen for? I would be scared to death to pump O2 that high without special and very expensive equipment. Just get a couple more 200 or 300 O2 bottles. I was cascading O2 into a 1200 PSI partial fill when I opened the o2 tank valve fast instead of closing it. the fitting blew probably because a speck of contamination. It got my attention luckily no further damage. I had to clean the system and tank to get the smell out of tank.

Attachments

• O-2 fitting.jpg
    O-2 fitting.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 149
@ rddvet, thanks for the info that buying a sierra is a waste of time and money.

Michael

Not necessarily a waste. Just a matter of how much time you're willing to waste and you're skill set. For me, I wanted my compressor tech to do the conversion. He started pricing it out and with the cost of the Sierra I was up to about $4000. I was about to do the conversion until I spoke to Masterline and they told me that they had a 20% discount. At that point I thought since O2 is involved, I'd rather go the known safer route. If I had the skills and knowledge and didn't need a compressor tech, I probably would have moved forward.

Masterline will also take your sierra and do the conversion for a reasonable price. So if you got a deal on a unit, they'd do it. Mine was a little older and they felt it didn't justify an upgrade.

The crew at Masterline have been awesome. I bet an email would garner you a ton of info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom