Plastic Cam Bands?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DR slimline 1.5" straps I've been considering as I have a pair that I use for travel SM cylinders, but would need to dedicate, trim, and have velcro restiched to work on small bottles. Looks like a decent option, although I have like 5 spare unused plastic buckle straps..
The DR 1.5" straps are not sewn. You can shorten with the triglide on the non-cam end. How small of a bottle are you using? I left mine the default length and put a rubber tank bungie over the whole strap and buckle to hold everything tight when used on lp45s.

I have seen plastic buckles break, they were all majorly sun bleached and abused.

Helium dive makes titanium ones, and Agir Brokk makes aluminium ones. Lightweight but more difficult to break!

in 35 years of teaching I broken 2 ,,so not an issue

then you are way over tightening them

then you are way over tightening them

You know absolutely nothing about the specific band (age, previous damage, make, model) but have a blanket answer of "too tight". Explain to us all the exact level of tightness that you believe is the "proper" amount. Also how do you make sure you are doing only the abnfrog amount of tightness? Is there a gauge that we can purchase to make sure we are not going over that specified limit?

My buddy broke one (Mares, 12 months old) - they slipped on a boat ramp smashing the buckle on the ground under the tank and them. Hit it pretty hard, so not exactly normal wear and tear.

no I don't dolby just my 40 years of diving , pick a fight elsewhere you bore me

Ok. Fixxin to try the Dive Rite Slimline in this application.

Also just picked up some Kent Tooling quick mounts to try...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom