Looking for advice on where to get certified close to Langley BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelagos13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

My name is Mike, and my wife and I want to get in to scuba diving after we did our first discovery dives in Mexico earlier this week, and I was wondering where would be a good place to get certified, and to purchase gear from.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ocean Quest in Burnaby - great people running it and a good dive community around the shop. There are other good shops in Vancouver, but IMHO they are the best and reasonably close to Langley (as opposed to going in to Vancouver)

Bit of a drive from Langley, but I highly recommend the Diving locker in Vancouver.

Wherever you choose, do your ocean dives in a drysuit. Some shops offer a cheaper option in a wetsuit but except on warm summer days it gets dowright cold between dives.

Ocean Quest in Burnaby - great people running it and a good dive community around the shop. There are other good shops in Vancouver, but IMHO they are the best and reasonably close to Langley (as opposed to going in to Vancouver)

One of my dive buddies took a lot of his training from Ocean Quest. He has nothing but great things to say about them. Check out their website at diveoceanquest.com.

Divegoose

From Langley Ocean Quest in Burnaby is the easiest and most convenient. It's pretty much right on the way to dives sites and Greg and his staff are great. They also run Sat fun dives for certified divers so when you have completed training you can get out and get some more experience in the cold.
Another great option is Ocean Pro in Surrey.

OP...

Have you not found a LDS that works for you...you're still receiving replies from your November inquiry...

Greg at Ocean Quest in Burnably has an excellent operation...my personal friend is one of Greg's OW and Specialty instructors...

W...

Another thumbs-up for Greg and Ocean Quest! And I went up there from Seattle for training. They do teach in drysuits and use Whites/ AquaLung Fusions/EVO Boots/Hollis F1 fins, all their student gear is solid.

I did my ow with dive locker and doing my advanced with them also soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom