ScubaPro BCD Knive Alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikolay_zhelev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a BCD knife. I'm using Scubapro Seahawk BCD and I would like to mount a knife in the pre-designed BCD knife attaching points.

Could you please recommend me some alternatives to Scubapro knives, compatible with the Scubapro BCD mounting holes, because at the moment I'm limited to only two type of knives compatible with my BCD: Scubapro WhiteTip and Scubapro MAKO Titanium?

Thanks

---
Regards,
Nick

I'm not sure if it will mount to your specific bcd but it might be worth looking into to see if the Cressi alligator knife/shears product would work for you. That's the knife I carry, I love it's versatility, and it mounted to my Oceanic bcd's knife mount holes so the Cressi may be designed to fit a variety of bcds.
Best,
Josh

Wenoka compact squeeze, numerous mounting options, might work. As an aside, I've found knives less than ideal in almost all situations save hunting and gathering. If you want something that will actually cut line, netting, webbing etc with relative ease look into either EMT shears or a trilobite, or both.

Hi guys,

Bumping this topic. I've ha Scubapro BCD and keen on getting a knife. Wondering what other brands have compatible mounting holes with Scubapro BCDs (e.g. are Aqualung knifes slings compatible?).

Thanks for any useful input.

Cheers

I'm not sure if it will mount to your specific bcd but it might be worth looking into to see if the Cressi alligator knife/shears product would work for you. That's the knife I carry, I love it's versatility, and it mounted to my Oceanic bcd's knife mount holes so the Cressi may be designed to fit a variety of bcds.
Best,
Josh
In terms of the cutting action, I agree.....however, I recently lost my Cressi Alligator dive knife because it bumped out of its holster....and into a mound of sea grass. I've been bummed since. After looking at the Amazon reviews, this is a known issue. So, if you're going to buy it, be sure to put a pulley on the knife or something to keep it secure. Securing the holster to my BCD wasn't good enough and alas after three years with that knife I lost it.

Unless you are spearfishing and need to finish off your kill quickly, you will be a lot better off with one set of EMT shears, and one trilobite. They are cheaper, they work better, they are safer and they are redundant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom