3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a long way to go learning FreeCad.... and unfortunately limited time to play with it. For water tight issues on the stl files, I use NetFabb ( free online tool). 9 times out of 10 it fixes the stl. As to why it happens.... seventypurple? I've exported the same design to stl twice and had watertight issues on one but not the other. Don't know why though

It's comforting to know that I'm following the same steps that those who knows.
I've been talking to people that do have a 3D printer and several, but not the most have a 3D printer only to print things taken from Thingiverse without any design or modeling idea nor experience.
In these few days I've been trying different on-line services to repair STL files and it seems that Netfabb is the simplest and quickest.

Thanks a lot for your support.

[Edit] I've exported the same model from FreeCAD to stl with a faster/newer PC + Windows 10 and now the models are watertight for the slicer.

3D printing? I'm still trying to master 2D!

3D printing? I'm still trying to master 2D!

I'm 58 yo. Somemonths ago I said to myself that I was too old to start 3D modeling. I'm used to repair stuff and with this make my own repair parts when possible. This is a twist of the same, but with modern technology. A new lesson learned. One is old if one considers being old. Open your mind, is the best way to remain young.

I'm 58 yo. Somemonths ago I said to myself that I was too old to start 3D modeling. I'm used to repair stuff and with this make my own repair parts when possible. This is a twist of the same, but with modern technology. A new lesson learned. One is old if one considers being old. Open your mind, is the best way to remain young.

Yeah, but remember: @drbill is a photographer. 2D printing is *so* *way* harder for a photographer. Color is incredibly complex and difficult...

Yeah, but remember: @drbill is a photographer. 2D printing is *so* *way* harder for a photographer. Color is incredibly complex and difficult...

I admire those that take beautiful UW photos !!!!

Mine was written in jest although I doubt I'll take up 3D printing

Hey @The Chairman check this out. Someone posted this in our hackerspace's slack: Minimalist Li-Ion Charger Multi cell charger for conditioning reclaimed 18650's. Looks like a very easy build that'll discharge/charge 16 cells at a time.

Also... I need to vent some frustration. MAN IS IT HARD to order a Peopoly MOAI printer! US distributor is out of stock. Chinese manufacturer apparently won't ship directly to the US. Mexican and Australian distributors charge way too much due to currency exchange rates.. ugh.

@kelemvor, Can you get a list of parts from him? Maybe even a schematic? Maybe I'm missing where the specifics are in his post? FWIW, the Canadian plant's last printer had damage to the box and unit, so mine is coming from China and should be here by the 26th.
I've been helping Dan with his Barn and have set up a small run production facility in my shop. I created a crude break and bent 122 hurricane clips for his gambrel roof trusses. I also have cut 124 truss braces and am in the process of making 28 half trusses. I'm about %20 finished with the half trusses.

Hey all you guys with 3D printers. I’m looking for someone to make we a bungee mount for my aqualung i300c computer. I guess they don’t make one plus I found out the console mounted and wrist mounted versions are not interchangeable. I have a wrist mount and would like a bungy mount for my dry suit.

Had I realized this lack of flexablity I might have gone a different way but I really like everything else about the computer.

In a perfect world I would like something that made it easy to switch between the bungee and the watch style straps.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Hey all you guys with 3D printers. I’m looking for someone to make we a bungee mount for my aqualung i300c computer. I guess they don’t make one plus I found out the console mounted and wrist mounted versions are not interchangeable. I have a wrist mount and would like a bungy mount for my dry suit.

Had I realized this lack of flexablity I might have gone a different way but I really like everything else about the computer.

In a perfect world I would like something that made it easy to switch between the bungee and the watch style straps.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

If someone has already made a model, you can find several places that will print it for you for a small cost out of whatever material you want. If a model doesn't exist, someone needs to design it, CAD it, and test it for function, which means they need an i300 or some accurate drawings. I'm sure if you're willing to send your computer to someone with even a rough sketch they would be willing to model the part. Alternatively, there are quite a few forums where you can hire out small projects like this.

Consider it no different from going to a local fab shop and asking them to make a part for you. It requires the same level of design and prep as any other part. While the production aspect is less intensive and generally much simpler than having something machined, I think people forget that there's no difference in the amount of work on the back end, whether the final part is accomplished by hitting print or hitting start on a Mazak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom