OK, who else enjoys motorcycling when not getting wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even a GS isn’t guaranteed no tickets....lol. Here’s me talking my way out of a ticket in Bosnia!

Agreed! It's not the bike that gets the ticket. My Busa will roll through a parking lot at a snails pace just fine.
"Too much power" = lack of self control.
That said, I've chosen to pull the trigger a few times when the risk is mine alone.
That's what makes the track so appealing. You are expected to go as fast as you dare while refining skills that make you a better driver/rider.
My grandson will be karting next year at 5yrs old as he is getting bored with the modified power wheels he has now.
After joining half way through last season, I was shocked and amazed at how fast the children in the club can go.
I really strugled to get my lap times as low as the 10 yr olds! I'd driven/ridden for 38 yrs and these kids were way faster than I could go.
And racing parents are awesome!
Unlike the belligerent hockey dads behaving like A$$ES in front of their children.
Btw, True race karts are nothing like the crap you rent. My Rotax is a 28hp 2 sroke that revs to 14k and a 125cc shifter can be over 50hp through a 6spd trans. 4 wheel disc brakes, generate 3g's in a corner and take all you have as a driver.

Cheers

What about getting wet on a slow bike? No Tony Bou, but still fun. No type A personalities. Slow and deliberate.
That looks like fun.

What about getting wet on a slow bike? No Tony Bou, but still fun. No type A personalities. Slow and deliberate.

You trials riders seem to defy physics, hopping from obstacle to obstacle, balanced on one wheel, full stop and then explode up a vertical wall!?!
Looks like an incredible workout and big fun!

83? GPZ550 begat
88 600 Ninja begat
93 ZX7 begat
2001 ZRX1200, now sitting in garage on dry rotted tires, providing habitat for wayward field mice. :(

Edit:
Forgot to mention my "wife's" 250 Ninja I forget what year it was, but it used to park next to the seven.

You trials riders seem to defy physics, hopping from obstacle to obstacle, balanced on one wheel, full stop and then explode up a vertical wall!?!
Looks like an incredible workout and big fun!
As shown in the video, it isn't all huge rock hopping tricks. The entry level stuff (that is my video). Tire never left the ground. No hopping (I know a lot of riders who can't hop). The entry level stuff is all pretty slow as well. For all practical purposes there is no difference between a pro bike and a beginner. I've watched a world round, open a box with a brand new bike in it, put it together, ride a world class event, then sell the bike to a local novice rider so they don't have to ship it home. It is the rider, not the machine.

A more fun look at it

It is the rider, not the machine.

Couldn't agree more.
As stated in my first post, when I started karting, there were children driving much faster than I could!
Good luck becoming one with your chosen machine. If it was easy, it would get old fast.

I used to ride, but after being stationed in Rome NY, I reached a point where one too many 18 wheelers passed me without bothering to get fully into the other lane while driving on the NY Thruway. Having a semis routinely straddling the line half in the passing lane & half still in my lane was enough to make me give it up. Yes, I realize that I could have mitigated this by simply driving faster, but this has limits as to how fast you can go and still afford the ticket.

I have had a variety of bikes over the years, starting with a 400cc Yamaha Seca in the mid-1980s. From there, I "graduated" to a 600 Ninja, a 750 Ninja (didn't really like how it handled) and back to another 600 Ninja. (I sold my second 600 Ninja with just over 500kms on it to buy an engagement ring. Got engaged and then 3 weeks later, I got dumped. I should have just kept the bike.) My last bike, the one that I had in Rome was a 1050cc Triumph Tiger. Ultimately, I sold it and transitioned to a 4 wheel "toy" -- a Porsche Boxster.View attachment 505758
Yep, too many self absorbed texters now. I'm in a 4 wheeled CBR600RR.... the Honda S2000.

Nick Tail of the Dragon Oct 2017 1.jpg

In my younger years I did some track stuff on a Yamaha 600 but these days I prefer to cruise on my Ducati Multistrada 1200s... my dive buddy, wife and all round cool chick rides her own BMW G650GS...
Cheryl Tail of the Dragon Oct 2017.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom