Thank you, thank you, thank you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not Canadian, but I've taken some courses from a Canadian instructor in Toronto. So when you figure out the guidelines for "honorary" membership, I'd be most interested!

I've not followed the antics or the endeavors of the other "Neptune" branches, so what is the general mission statement here?

....and yes... I do love cold water!

later,
cwb

You have to pardon the founding members for not saying something, some might be in hibernation (I know 2 are suffering in Roatan (sp?) - but not to worry they'll be here soon.

The founding members (in other words the ones who said yes to my plea) who get a great big thank you from me for saying yes, without really knowing what they were saying yes to little do they know, they're re-lanscaping my property this year hehehe
Butch103, Marral, RalphDog, bottom_sucker, mddolson, Rooster1, earlj, bio guy, and gadget --- hmmm I know I've forgotten someone.... I have a feeling this post will be undergoing an edit once I remember (you think I'd learn by now to write everything down so I wouldn't forget).

I'm here. Not quite hibernating, although we did break through the icey slush on Saturday. Lets hear from all the Ontario folks out there!

So we need a name? How about something that describes the cold water......Polar Divers?, GWN Divers (Great White North)? just a couple of thoughts

Cheers

Most of us have gotten past the hibernation stage, at least for this year. I'll be wet in the next couple of weeks, as soon as the water flow eases a little. I want to do a local river but it's flowing a tad quickly right now.

Honorary memberships? I agree with DG, no problem once we've gotten rid of the initial papers, etc. I also agree that we'll have to finalize the test. T-Shirts are hopefully in the works shortly. I talked to DG yesterday and we came to the conclusion that almost anything I could think of would land us in court for copyright infringement or violation of some other law.

At any rate, we're in good company with Texas and Florida.

For getting this little section up and running.......for those looking for honourary memberships......yes I am sure everyone here in Ontario will welcome you aboard with open arms....just be sure to bring you wallets, dive gear...but please, please leave your beer at home........... =-) :jester:

Now that you have the group and the mascot thing is rolling. A BIG CONGRATS! by the way my family is from Ottawa and Cornwal and I do alot of my diving on the border and if my drysuit ever gets here I'll dive in colder than 48 degreeF water. Sooooo, will this get me a maybe,almost pass the test?

chuckrt:confused:

:blfish: :blfish: Wow, we're founding members,
and I didn't even know we were losting , or that anyone was even looking. Ha HA

Congradulations DivingGal. Well done.

PS I've uploaded a pic so you can see what Hollywood's been missing.

Mike

Originally posted by Chrismac
hey divinggal I'm Canadian but not from ontario do I fit in here ?
:yellow:

You're most welcome to play in our sandbox. Your entry to the "Ontario Club" is simple --- first time diving you can bring along some of those yummy little canners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom