Genesis Sidekick Octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ksuconman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been using a Genesis Sidekick in-line octo for years and am looking to replace it. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?
If not, does anyone know what other brand of in-line Octo will fit with a Cressi inflator hose. I tried a Scubapro but the connections don't fit.
Thanks

First, it looks like you can still purchase a Genesis Sidekick, but maybe it is not exactly the same as what you want to replace.
Sidekick - GS065

I used to see various versions of in-line octos that could be used with a standard inflator hose, but I don't find them available anymore. Earlier Genesis versions may have used that design.
I am pretty sure the reason is that the standard inflator hose schrader (sp?) valve reduces the flow of air enough that anything coupled inline after it will not perform well enough to rely on as an alternate air source in an actual OOA emergency.

The current Genesis Sidekick uses a regulator hose, but then adds a standard inflator via a bypass allowing you to connect that inflator to a standard BCD inflator.

I can order one for you if you are interested, and can't find one locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom