I need some info these ScubaPro items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny, Halcyon are older model, rebranded, Scubapro regulators
Exactly but they far cheaper and don’t freeflow as much. Or so I’ve heard....

I’m not Halcyon kool aid fanboy. I was just asking.

Exactly but they far cheaper and don’t freeflow as much. Or so I’ve heard....

I’m not Halcyon kool aid fanboy. I was just asking.

Since when exactly did SP regs start freeflowing so easily? What are you talking about?

Funny, Halcyon are older model, rebranded, Scubapro regulators

Sorry, not exactly right.

Scubapro is one of the vey few dive manufacturers that has never had their own factory or production facility! If you want to make your Scubapro Rep cry, ask him for pictures of the factory, and an address because you would love to visit the factory on your upcoming northwestern Italy vacation.
The factory's agreement is such that they cannot sell any current Scubapro products to anyone else, as long as they are still making exactly that product for Scubapro. As soon as Scubapro has a newer product being made by them, they are free to sell the old one to anyone. I assume that the factory owns the tooling, since otherwise such an agreement just doesn't make sense.

Michael

Scubapro is one of the vey few dive manufacturers that has never had their own factory or production facility! If you want to make your Scubapro Rep cry, ask him for pictures of the factory, and an address because you would love to visit the factory on your upcoming northwestern Italy vacation.
The factory's agreement is such that they cannot sell any current Scubapro products to anyone else, as long as they are still making exactly that product for Scubapro. As soon as Scubapro has a newer product being made by them, they are free to sell the old one to anyone. I assume that the factory owns the tooling, since otherwise such an agreement just doesn't make sense.

Michael

Balderdash. We've had this argument before.

Are all Scubapro regulators made in Italy?

Michael
Thanks, does Tabata manufacture regulators for brands in addition to Scubapro, Tusa, and Halcyon?

Those regs are great. You could dive them the rest of your life probably. Save the diaphragm first stage in case you want to do some black water fossil diving, which is one of the kinds of local diving available in Georgia. It is better not to do that with your piston reg as it is open to the water and heavy dirty water is not good for it.

I would hold off on the bc. Seriously read up on backplates and wings first.

Those regs are great. You could dive them the rest of your life probably. Save the diaphragm first stage in case you want to do some black water fossil diving, which is one of the kinds of local diving available in Georgia. It is better not to do that with your piston reg as it is open to the water and heavy dirty water is not good for it.

I will look into the fossil diving as it seems interesting. I will look at which 1st stage I am going to run as I am leaning towards the MK25 with the everything else and the MK just keep as a back up incase I need it but if I can get both set up then I will try both and see which one will work for me the most.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom