The eternal question... Neoprene or Trilam drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure I agree with this sentiment. I don't know of any company that will just willy nilly send a drysuit out to an interested buyer to "try" or "test".

-Z

Z, that’s not the point I was making. My point was that Bruce is actively claiming his product is far superior to others, and is calling out people who say their preferred type is better, but isn’t willing to demo it out to people to show it.

What I am saying is that there are too many people who dismiss neoprene suits out of hand without knowing what they don't know.

Bruce

SEASOFT SCUBA

Ultimately, it was less about offering demos, and more about his attitude. If his product is far superior, put it out there and prove it. If he’s not willing to do that, don’t call people out for using their knowledge to answer the original question.

I could make the arguement that Golf companies will let you demo their clubs, even shipping them to you. But, that’s not really relevant.

All that to say, obviously, I’m going through my LDS. I bought a AL Fusion Bullet because it was the one I thought best suited my needs and the reviews from current divers on here. I was actively trying to decide what was best and my LDS is small and has limited selection. If there were someone willing to demo out dry suits to LDS, I imagine that it would lead to more sales in the long run.

All that to say, obviously, I’m going through my LDS. I bought a AL Fusion Bullet because it was the one I thought best suited my needs and the reviews from current divers on here. I was actively trying to decide what was best and my LDS is small and has limited selection. If there were someone willing to demo out dry suits to LDS, I imagine that it would lead to more sales in the long run.

The LDS I was teaching for until recently is a "demo center" for Mobby's drysuits. They have a whole pile of them that Mobby's provided so people can come there and find what fits them, then try it out in the pool or quarry.

I am flattered with all the discussion with SEASOFT Drysuits. MOBBY's is the largest drysuit company in Japan and has hundreds of employees. SEASOFT has a handful and is located in Olympia, WA. I would love to provide demo suits to everyone, it is simply not feasible. It is also not practical.

If I sent you a suit and the neck seal was too big and everything else was perfect but water poured into the neck you would talk about what a miserable suit that SEASOFT suit was. If the boots were to small or too big the same would hold true. A SEASOFT Drysuit is meant to be made for YOU. This is why we offer FREE arm and leg length, wrist seal, neck seal and boot sizing. We want you to be HAPPY and contented. We want other divers to covet YOUR suit. Does this always happen, occasionally no but it is our goal.

One other thing. We do offer installed dry glove kits now, we stock, install and sell Si-TECH Dry Glove Kits. Just so you know.

Bruce
SEASOFT

I am flattered with all the discussion with SEASOFT Drysuits. [...]
Bruce, would you mind taking your self-promotion to the Marketplace or somesuch? You've seriously hijacked this thread which originally wasn't about "SEASOFT Drysuits", but about a much more general question.

Storker:

It is not self promotion - it is information. There is not self promotion in the above. I explain 3 things:

1. Why we do not have a large demo fleet (we are small).

2. I explain why we do not provide demo suits in most cases because in order for a suit to be truly DEMONSTRATED properly, it must fit correctly. An off the shelf suit rarely fits everybody so I am uncomfortable just "sending" a suit "hoping" it fits.

3. A few pages back someone made the statement that we did not sell dry glove kits and I was setting the record straight.

Hardly self promotion but very much information. I apologize if it offended you and I will make no further posts here unless asked or if there is further need of clarifying information.

Again, my apologies.

Bruce
SEASOFT

We call that "a little nippy" or "a bit on the chilly side". And most of us dive trilams with nice, thick, warm undersuits and perhaps a heated west. Plus, if we dive often during winter: drygloves. I've yet to see a neoprene suit where you can install dryglove rings. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that those things exist, but I have yet to see one of those live.

The Waterproof D10 Pro ISS is neoprene suit with ring system for dry gloves (also has silicone seals). I dive with it in winter in Noway and I am always warm. I use wool base layers.

Back
Top Bottom