Apeks XL4+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twofor2

Registered
Reaction score
has anyone had any luck finding these available in the United States in Yoke? Most online sellers seem to be from the U.K and specifically in DIN. I know they are bit new and im wondering if its just because its a newer product.

i would just get the xtx40 or atx40 and ds4 instead. the need for special tools for the xl4 makes it problematic.

I don't see it on the US dealers B2B site yet. My DEMA notes don't mention a ship date, although I thought it was imminent. PM me if you want me to reserve one for you when available.

There are 6 unique tools for disassembly, assembly and adjustment etc. for the Flight. 1 is for the Flight 1st stage and 5 are for the Flight (and now XL4) 2nd stage.

For comparison, most Apeks 2nd stages require 1 special tool for setting lever height, which I am sure some folk consider a convenience rather than a necessity. And usually that tool is good for more than one model, although definitely not all of them. There are 3 Apeks 2nd stage tools that cover almost all models between them.

Similarly, there are usually one or two special tools for Apeks 1st stages, and they can often be used for multiple models.

So on the plus side, my Flight tool set is now also used for a second possibly more popular item, no additional investment for me.

My LDS is expecting them in this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom