3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, how many of us are 3D printing Scuba gear? I'm beginning to learn, but I haven't printed anything specifically for Scuba yet. So far I've printed a Ryobi Battery socket for my backpack sprayer and a couple of Amazon DOT holders for around the house. I'm working with OnShape to create a 4S-3P Battery holder in a hex shape for my canister light. I also want to build some plugs for my hoses on my SF2 so they can drain and keep critters out at the same time. That will mean more CAD time and to think that yesterday I couldn't even spell CAD. :D :D :D

Be sure to use the USB transcyber fill whip. Fill your tanks from your PC. :D :D :D

I've been doing a few small things, and was actually wondering if there should be a sticky in the DIY section for STL files...

www.thingiverse.com/search?q=James1979&dwh=765c4eea89255b6

That's a search results page for stuff I've put on Thingiverse. Some were done in TinkerCad, some in FreeCad... the FreeCad ones I also posted the cad files.

James

Very cool
I've been doing a few small things, and was actually wondering if there should be a sticky in the DIY section for STL files...

That's a search results page for stuff I've put on Thingiverse. Some were done in TinkerCad, some in FreeCad... the FreeCad ones I also posted the cad files.

James

That's a search results page for stuff I've put on Thingiverse.
Dude, that 2nd stage cap is brilliant! I'm stealing it. I can't wait to learn how to create threads and bayonet mounts in onshape. I want to make some breathable caps for my SF2 rebreather, so I can hang up the hoses and still keep critters out. I'm bringing my hoses to the Gainesville Hackerspace tomorrow night to see if I can scan them in.

Maybe we should continue to use thingiverse and add "ScubaBoard" as a tag so we can find our stuff easily.

I am in the early stages of designing a 4S-3P battery holder for my canister lights. I'm going to print this out today or tomorrow and see how six batteries fit in. I'll decide if it needs to be longer/looser/tighter and then make it longer and add end caps. I haven't even started to suss out the connectors for this project. I'll post pics of the print holding the batteries if it works.

FWIW, this is my first CAD creation and was done with onshape.com. I'm looking forward to learning additional techniques like threads and counter bores for flat head screws.

upload_2019-1-28_7-33-5.png

Back
Top Bottom