Quite the storm going on now !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah luckily our week just started down here. Missing some nasty weather back home in Wisconsin. I’ll take blowing winds and 70 something for a few hours over a foot of snow and negative degrees any time!

Port is open! Hahahah Just kidding of course!

Pretty sure we don't have tornado sirens on the island - but there were firetrucks rushing somewhere - and they were using some different sounding sirens than I've heard before

Have there been more port closures than usual lately? We are thinking about May so I'm going to be checking your port closure history very carefully :)

20190127_163041.jpg

Pretty sure we don't have tornado sirens on the island - but there were firetrucks rushing somewhere - and they were using some different sounding sirens than I've heard before
On a local discussion board, there seemed to be some confusion about this. Hence my comment about about it being "reported". Out of curiosity, I wonder by what method local authorities DO notify locals of an impending disaster (which I don't believe this rises to..even close)?

Welcome to January—fatal tornado in Cuba

Having seemingly flunked my statistics course prior to my MBA, I have had to rely on 25 years of direct observation. This has been, in my estimation, a pretty normal January. I would not worry much about May.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Hitting the biggest city in the nation no less: Resident: Havana looks like "a horror movie" after tornado

So the port is closed again this morning? I lost count long ago, but is this the worst January of the decade?

Today is actually only the 4th day this month of no diving so far. So not the worst, no.

Jan 10, 15, 20 and today so far. There have been days the port has been open in the morning and closed in the afternoon or vice versa, but only 4 days of full closure. There is still a possibility that it will open for afternoon dives today.

And don't count on my website port status - because people have literally become very demanding and flat out rude with emails and phone calls because they believed it wasn't updated (even when it was) - I will probably be removing it from my website. It was there intended to be a courtesy, not real time up to the minute updates. It is not something people should be relying on to plan their days and trips and definitely not for people to make demands on how/when it is updated. It's not automated and therefore requires me, a human, to go in and manually make the update - which requires me to physically be at my computer in my office - which is not always possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom