Florida west coast "must see" list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are offered a dive in King Springs in Crystal River I would pass on it. I grew up close to Crystal River and had not dove King Springs in 30 years. Told my wife it would be a lot of fun while on a trip back to Florida. NOT! Too much silt and not much to see. Manatees were way more interesting.

Just came back from my trip. Blue grotto was ok, fun to do the lower cavern and interact with Virgil. The rainbow river drift dive was ok, nice to do once and experience it. Didn't dive devils den, just went to look at it since it was late in the day. Manatees were awesome and well worth the trip. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Manatee Springs is a cool dive. It has the catfish hole which is pretty deep with a bunch of catfish and there was even a 5-6 ft. alligator in there when I dove it. There is a cave system, but since I am not cave certified I stayed out of. There was also the river side which is shallow, but a cool dive with all the fish and even saw a couple of snakes. It's also very cheap.

I have done these dives in the past and agree that seeing the manatees is the best. One pushed her baby into me so that I could get a good look. Also agree to pass on King’s Springs. Rainbow river is a nice drift dive. Devil’s Den is crowded, especially now that they have opened it to snorkelersso passed up on on it last year. There are fossils embedded in the walls, you just have to look for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom