EM-1X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The title of this thread is somewhat misleading. The post contains a link to a demo and description of new Olympus Raw post processing software to replace Viewer 3. The software was announced with the latest camera announcement. The demo and description are based on experience with pre-production versions of the software. As of this post the software is not yet available for download. The download will be free when available.

I'm not able to edit the thread's title. Sorry.

The EM-1X has been announced. It looks like a fantastic camera, but I'm turned off by the increase in the size and the cost $$$$$. Not a likely candidate to replace my EM-5.

Hey Jim! I’ve been diving with an EM-1 in Nauticam housing pretty much since I met you a few years back. I recently upgraded to the EM-1 Mark II for topside photography. For my bird photography, it’s made a material difference; it’s got faster focusing, a faster shutter, and better high ISO rendering. But I haven’t considered upgrading my UW equipment for the Mark II, because I don’t find the changes material enough to affect my underwater photo work. I suspect the same will be true with the 1X. It’s an extraordinary amount of money to upgrade both the camera and the housing, and I haven’t seen anything in the 1X literature that’d lead me to believe its worth starting over. It strikes me that, if one were going to invest in a complete overhaul, one would look to an FX rig to complement the DX rig you already have.

I don't think it's an UW solution purely down to size, though the battery capacity would be nice perhaps? The housing would lose the portability advantages.

I upgraded from an EM-5 II to an EM-1 MkII and thought it was worthwhile for the battery life and AF capability, C-AF plus tracking works quite well even with very close macro.

I'm happy not to have strong reason to upgrade my current gear, EM-5 and EM-1 in Nauticam housing.
Hi Wisnu, you are not suggesting that both EM1 and EM5 fit into the same Nauticam housing are you? I have both cameras and would like to carry one housing to hold both. A bit of a dream I am guessing!

Not sure who the EM1x is aimed at but it sure ain't divers.

Hi Wisnu, you are not suggesting that both EM1 and EM5 fit into the same Nauticam housing are you? I have both cameras and would like to carry one housing to hold both. A bit of a dream I am guessing!

Of course not. No way we can use the same housing for EM1 and EM5.
In fact we can't use the housing of same model for different version (mark 1 / 2).
I've asked Nauticam whether they can modify EM1 and EM5 housing for the mark2 version of respective model. No response .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom