Blowing Stink in Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triathlons?

No - haha! They've closed the marina for small blocks of time when the swim is starting, but no - that does not shut diving down. We (operators) just have to do some logistical planning, but we've never missed a day of diving because of a Triathlon.

The link to the chart I used is in Christi's post #29 on this thread. It's good to read her notes about the chart too.

I've been there in January several times and haven't missed a day. February, yeah. March, yeah. Even April. You never know. I've just been lucky.

Personally, I wouldn't stay away in January if that's what worked for me.

Need picture chart

C'mon! I want pie charts, histograms, Scatter plots, Bar charts... I just don't want to be the one to do it!

The port is closed now with hardly any wind but rain.
One FB poster just posted that it just opened. Some forecasts are calling for continued rain today & Sunday.

One FB poster just posted that it just opened. Some forecasts are calling for continued rain today & Sunday.

Yes, it opened at 11:00 and so what about rain - that is not the issue.

Port should be open without problems tomorrow - Monday is 50/50 depending on the wind actually does. I am seeing models in disagreement, so we shall see.

so what about rain
I don't like boating in rain, along with weaker light below and reduced viability above. I know that you have a "we're getting wet anyway" attitude, and it's great to be positive, but it can be rough getting pelted by rain on a moving boat. And I get nervous with lightening strikes nearby.

It's all part of the adventure, tho - so shrug and go.

I don't like boating in rain, along with weaker light below and reduced viability above. I know that you have a "we're getting wet anyway" attitude, and it's great to be positive, but it can be rough getting pelted by rain on a moving boat. And I get nervous with lightening strikes nearby.

It's all part of the adventure, tho - so shrug and go.

Oh definitely not the most pleasant - I just meant it doesn't close down diving. If we canceled diving every time there was rain, we'd really be in trouble!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom