Blowing Stink in Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No month is worse than January, all in all. The last "history" posted here declared no lost days in December of 2017. Completely wrong, there were three, for sure and a few maybe.

No month is worse than January, all in all. The last "history" posted here declared no lost days in December of 1017. Completely wrong, there were three, for sure and a few maybe.
1017? You really ARE an old fart, aren't you? :D

Thanks Gordon, I edited proof that I did not start Aldora quite that early in History.

Dave

No month is worse than January, all in all. The last "history" posted here declared no lost days in December of 2017. Completely wrong, there were three, for sure and a few maybe.

I'll be happy to update the chart if you can tell me the days. The chart is according to my actual trip rosters and trip calendar, but I am human and I make mistakes.

I made the mistake of coming to Coz in October one year and dove with Aldora in pouring rain for a solid week.This year I returned for trip #4 the second week of December,and encountered port closures and hastily arranged trips to the east end...Seems like the so-called “ high season” is becoming a bit of a downer...

I made the mistake of coming to Coz in October one year and dove with Aldora in pouring rain for a solid week.This year I returned for trip #4 the second week of December,and encountered port closures and hastily arranged trips to the east end...Seems like the so-called “ high season” is becoming a bit of a downer...
Week long rains are not that common on Cozumel but they do happen occasionally; it can be any time during the tropical "rainy season" which corresponds roughly to what we think of as hurricane season. I was there for one in June some years ago.

Week long rains are not that common on Cozumel but they do happen occasionally; it can be any time during the tropical "rainy season" which corresponds roughly to what we think of as hurricane season. I was there for one in June some years ago.

I was there one time in February for Carnaval and diving and it poured the whole week. One of the few times I came home whiter then when I came down. The funny part about it is it poured all day long but let up for the parades at night. Didn't see the sun one time all week.

Travel is always an adventure, and weather always happen - good or bad, part of the adventure. I certainly have many adventurous memories created by weather changes.

I've been very lucky with my Cozumel trips overall, once I escape Texas storms and closed airports, especially with my late August birthday trips. There was one I should have canceled when hurricane Dean was aimed at the island and filed trip insurance claims. The town boarded up in case he didn't veer off, and I escaped with confirmed reservations thru a Cancun airport virtually full of desperate evacuees who had slept in a standby line. He did finally veer off, but it was the good call.

No month is worse than January, all in all. The last "history" posted here declared no lost days in December of 2017. Completely wrong, there were three, for sure and a few maybe.[/QUOTE

Still haven't seen any hard data that January is the worst month to come down to Cozumel. Just because one January in 2001 had lots of port closures dosen't make a pattern. I have been down for many Januarys without issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom