Best bang for the Buck Drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the OP: Seaskin is popular but be aware that it is UK based. In case you need repairs, you will probably will need to use US repair shops.

what do you need out of the drysuit and what's your budget?
this question is the best answer, seem some folks recently buy dry suits and have buyers remorse especially since the water here has been so warm even at 60-70 feet that wetsuit is comfy, I like my trilam as I can just wear a thin base layer and still dive dry and not be overly warm for one shallow dive then I can put on something heavier if need be. Lots of things to consider like me I run warm and tend to get hot on the surface quickly at times so I like to be able to layer things so I can cool off before and between dives. And then there is budget yikes :)
Oh I have a DUI TLS that I picked up used with undergarment for $500 bucks right here on SB had a new zipper before I bought it. It did not leak, I have had to fix a pucture or two since but my doing. I have about 50 dives or so on it. So I feel it was well worth it for me and I like it. Tried on the Aqua lung did not care for it. That's about my experience.

Oh and as for fit it does fit but would be better if it were maybe an inch or two longer, so do I go custom or try a bunch when I buy next time....? Probably

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information I'm trying to get a hold of them(03). Any suggestions on good way to contact them

+44(0)1305822820

Remember they are in the U.K. so call in the morning your time.

Drysuits need to be dry and to fit. If they are not then they are useless and no amount of cleverness can make up for that.

While I love my OThree suit, I went to the shop to be measured and don’t think I’d buy a suit from the other side of the world. Mine goes back now and again for seals and once a zip. Postage is £10 each way and it comes back like new. Would I want someone other than them to be messing with it?

RobinHood watersports Dive Drysuits
They include custom fitting for free.

Any of the UK drysuit manufacturers are a great deal. They make a lot of them and dive in cold and tough conditions. They know drysuits. Add in the fact that the UK pound has taken a beating relative to the USD and they look very inexpensive. Also many of the online prices include VAT of 25% which disappears when they ship out of the EU!

Othree without a doubt. They offer a Skype fit service which is spot on. My suit fitted perfectly and the after service is second to none.

Othree without a doubt. They offer a Skype fit service which is spot on. My suit fitted perfectly and the after service is second to none.

In your opinion, what makes O3 a better bang for the buck than Seaskin (without a doubt)?

In your opinion, what makes O3 a better bang for the buck than Seaskin (without a doubt)?
It’s just his opinion and if he is correct about it being a better bang for the buck, given the higher price, it must be a truly exceptional suit!

Back
Top Bottom