Perdix (Last deco STOP)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do like the suggestion and I also believe it is a reasonable request for shearwater to look into..at some point hopefully :)

. . .
For the newbies: none would force you to change the default screen... set it to default and you have the basic info. You're confusing the possibility to customize a product (that is optional) with the ease of use.

I suppose whether Shearwater increases customizability in future releases depends on the demand they perceive for it. You're the first to have clamored for increased customizability on Scubaboard as far as I have seen. I haven't bothered customizing my third row because the default works for me. But then again, I am one of those rec divers someone alluded to above who bought a Shearwater mainly for its big, bright screen, easy-to-navigate user interface, and user-replaceable battery. Oh, and their reputation for transparency and responsiveness (evidenced by their participation in this thread) and great customer service. I may never change the defaults. As I see it, part of the price I paid for the computer includes the cost of paying some smart people to select defaults (not to mention screen layout in general) that would be most useful to "rec divers" (as the term is used in the PADI et al. school of thinking taught to the masses). We rec divers like others to do our thinking for us :wink:

Great, and this too:

A “Deco Clear” upcounter option has been added.

I often have to remember the minutes my deco obl have ended to know how much time it passed, now I can have a timer telling me (ie: if I want to perform a safety stop after the deco).

I was using the timer to pad my deco, and If not doing a deco dive, for a safty stop. It will be nice to have to kick on automatically!!

I must live in a strange world then... I do only REC diving and despite the fact that a REC diving should never get any deco, on 90% of my dives i get deco (especially if it's a 2 or 3 tanks dive day).
Changing the mode to TEC, will make unnecessarily complex the info contained in the main screen, with info that I don't really need and with other info that I may use use left out (GTR, mini-3 info display, temperature on the main screen.. etc.).
Should I be considered a "TEC" diver only because I often goes beyond the NDL?

The main problem here however is another, I think I paid enough to have a fully configurable computer (or that what I believed initially), but I'm finding restrictions arbitrary placed here and there with no apparent reason.
We're divers and we're not all identical.. I may be a TEC diver that love to have the the water temperature on the main screen, but yet I've to press a button? Or I may be a REC diver that would have the option to configure its last stop at 6m not 3m in case I hit some deco.

Don't get me wrong, I find the Perdix AI to be the best computer I've ever used and even if I don't need all its features, even the simplest ones are clearly and intuitive, but some decisions seem odd to me. In TEC mode you can turn off the PPO2 in the middle and have a blank spot there, but you cannot add another info you may be interested in? This doesn't make sense, and it's an just an example. Let me fill the whole screen with the clock if I like to do so! It should be me to decide.

I hope one day to have a fully configurable computer with a GUI editor where I can place all the info I want, where I want, in the size I want, in the color I want...
Just use a bottom timer. Don’t worry about your depth or ppo2. If your going to go into deco use tec mode like T-bone said.

Is it possible now to have a safety stop count down in Tec mode if you don't go into deco?
Not sure if you can configure for a count down (edited, mistakenly had UP), but it does have a timer that starts counting up, after completing deco, and once I'm above 20'.

Not sure if you can configure for a count up, but it does have a timer that starts counting up, after completing deco, and once I'm above 20'.
Yeah I just want it to do the Rec mode SS count down if I don't go into deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom