Sherwood Sage Readability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
greetings. Is there anything Sherwood can do about the readability of the display? On a sunny day I can't even tell its on. Yes the Intensity is all the way up.

Thanks in advance.

I know this is an old topic, but i thought i would comment any way. I had the same problem with a sage that i purchased from my lds. I was just about to sell it and get another computer, but i decided to contact sherwood (through my lds) and see what they could do. They offered to sell me a brand new beacon (updated sage) at a very discounted price if i trade in my slightly used sage.

So I guess my advice is to contact sherwood and see if they can fix the situation.

I know this is an old topic, but i thought i would comment any way. I had the same problem with a sage that i purchased from my lds. I was just about to sell it and get another computer, but i decided to contact sherwood (through my lds) and see what they could do. They offered to sell me a brand new beacon (updated sage) at a very discounted price if i trade in my slightly used sage.

So I guess my advice is to contact sherwood and see if they can fix the situation.
I have a Beacon, used it on one dive. I’m getting ready to dive next week and have a low battery light. The op’s manual said to replace the o-ring after each battery replacement. Have you changed the battery yet? Does the o-ring have a part number? I cant find a o-ring referenced on the internet.

I have a Beacon, used it on one dive. I’m getting ready to dive next week and have a low battery light. The op’s manual said to replace the o-ring after each battery replacement. Have you changed the battery yet? Does the o-ring have a part number? I cant find a o-ring referenced on the internet.

Standard advice from manufacturer. I've changed many of those batteries. Clean the o-ring, inspect it and ensure no visible sand or cracks. Clean , lubricate with a minuscule dab of silicone grease, replace and install new battery.

I have changed the battery a few times (i bought a 4 pack of rechargeables), but haven't needed to change the o ring yet. You can get a set of batteries cheap on amazon. I suggest getting a few so you can just change them when needed and just keep an eye on the oring like @tridacna suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom