Russian woman drowned diving in the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The link said the 40 year old Russian woman died during a diving trip? I didn't see any other details. How do you know it's not directly scuba related?
The other deaths are not scuba related

On topic, I never realised that the Maldives was that challenging as a destination.

It's a place where a British woman died of DCS because every doctor there thought it was arthritis. ISTR a boatful of divers given CO tanks a decade or so ago, too.

It's one of the destinations where you want to have DAN, PLB, and CO analyser at a minimum.

Yea I agree with you, I was mostly concerned with the shock to my loved ones if I was to die on vacation rather than my own fate/suffering.

On topic, I never realised that the Maldives was that challenging as a destination.

Not to me. Palau, Raja Ampat & Komodo would have more challenging diving sites than Maldives

Maldives 9 - 16 December 2018 TripReport

Wow that’s terrible to die in a vacation. Do they get warnings and ignore them ?
No, because they didn't die on trips but just when snorkeling of the beach. We just took them out of the water with our boat. Very sad for the family, mostly a wife...

It's a place where a British woman died of DCS because every doctor there thought it was arthritis. ISTR a boatful of divers given CO tanks a decade or so ago, too.

It's one of the destinations where you want to have DAN, PLB, and CO analyser at a minimum.
Well, hotel doctors know ****... I am not surprised...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom