How often to service doubles manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Every year while they're off tanks for VIP? Or, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?" (tank O-ring is automatic)

If they are not being O2 cleaned, I typically service valves/manifolds whenever the tanks go out for hydro. If I notice performance issues in between, then those individual valves get addressed as needed.

If they are not being O2 cleaned, I typically service valves/manifolds whenever the tanks go out for hydro. If I notice performance issues in between, then those individual valves get addressed as needed.
Ahhh.....what I was hoping to hear....

I agree with the illustrious Mr. Zider ... if the manifold isn't being O2 cleaned, I have a full rebuild done every 5 yrs at hydro as long as there have been no issues. I do the same for my singles valves as well.

I must have stumbled into the Indiana Contingent.
Thank you Indiana!

hydro gets a new burst disc *for the ones that aren't plugged*, and a full rebuild. This does NOT include a new seat. Seats get replaced if they need it, but they should last much longer than 5 years. O2 ones seem to get a little crunchy, and ones that get a lot of fills from not-me tend to have a deep set, but those rarely need to be rebuilt. New crush washer, new o-rings, new burst disc, same seat. I make my own parts kits for them.

Every five years whether they need it or not.

You can get a whole new manifold from DGX for $99 last time I looked, which is less than 2x the cost of rebuild parts if you buy the kits from SCUBA-oriented sources and replace the burst disc and valve seat. So unless you have something exotic like 7/8" necks you may want to consider just replacing the whole thing, especially if there is any significant amount of wear.

+1 on the every five years, along with all of the other valves...

Thanks all. I have 3 sets of doubles and was getting confused which one needed what, when. I have 1 fresh hydro set that will now get the manifold with rebuild-kit-I-already-have. The the perfectly good one from the new-hydro set will go the set that's due for hydro this summer, and the new halcyon set can stay where it is. "Service-After-Hydro" is simple enough for
even my simple mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom