Dryglove for DUI CF200X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have any experience with dry glove systems sold by DGEx called Rolock 3 - Ring System Kit?
I want to put on my DUI CF200x.

Thank you.

Looking for suggestions/experiences however found this on SB.

I use them - both on my previous and latest drysuit. Definitely very happy with them. I bought my first pair when liviing in Switzerland about 10 years ago; latest pair I bought via Dive Gear Express in Sept. 2017. Previous suit (TLS 350) had latex seals mounted directly on the suit. My new suit has zip seals. I don't really love zip seals, particularly with this type of twist off glove. Anyway - it's a great system, doffing and donning is easy. That said, with I think only 1 distributor in the US, installation is DIY, although Rolock has great video instructions. Let me know if you have more questions.

Rolocks-XL.jpg

Thanks for the detailed reply.
What kind of replacement glove can you put on it??
If you had to do it again, would you do a Kubi or other system???

Thanks.

@Compressor not to hijack your thread, I also own a cf200x, hoping to try out a new dry glove system. The problem I have is my wrist seals are 2009 gen 1, I need new seals and am unsure what will fit. If anyone has better insight, would help a lot...

@SleepySlipper Not an issue. It’s an open discussion. I’ve never been disappointed by DGEx merchandise. So will either get The Rolock or the Kubi. We want to buy once and cry once.

I've got the DUI cf200 as well and have been looking hard at the Waterproof ultima dryglove system and doing just what large_diver has done by addinig them to the zip seals. I love diving with dry gloves and its the only way for me but to be able to take my gloves off without having to remove the suit would be fantastic. Glad to see someone has done it and that it actually works before I drop the cash.

Sorry for the slow response - away for the weekend.

I can look at home tonight in terms of the replacement gloves I currently have on the suit....I ordered just the ring system....gloves separately. I wear the shell smurf PVC gloves with separately unattached undergloves underneath. I thnk I actually bought my latest smurf gloves from a marine store. Long story short, they work with the commonly available blue smurf gloves.....just need to check on the weight I ordered

Zip seals... I don't like them mainly because they add a little bit of length to my sleeves. My old TLS 350 with attached latex seals just fit absolutely perfect with the gloves. The same person measured me for the new FLX Extreme I bought in 2017....but the zip seals seem to make my sleeves a little longer....which causes the zip seal to bunch up a little, which makes donning/doffing the drygloves just slightly harder with the required twisting motion of the Rolocks. Not a huge deal, but I may go back to attached seals.

Yes I would buy the Rolocks again....since now I have 2 of them :) (using the old system for spare parts). They are well-made, they don't leak as long as you take care of them, keep the male/female parts clean and are careful when donning not to catch your undergloves in the ring.

It does take some effort to mount them. That said....I am not the handiest D-I-Y guy, so I guess I would say if I can do it, probably anyone with strong hands can. It's not complicated...it just takes some patience to understand the steps, get the ring and glove in the right position and then going through the attachment steps. As I mentioned above, they have links on their web-site to multiple easy-to-understand YouTube videos showing how to mount the gloves on the ring and how to mount the other ring to a seal (whether zipseal or attached seal)....and how to use the markings on the rings and the position of the glove and ring/seal so that everything is aligned when you put the suit and the goves on. I've mounted them on a suit a few times now.....once when I had the seals replaced on my old suit and the other when I bought the new suit. Mounting the gloves - I've done that more often, since I owned the first suit for 13 years. Not rocket science...just a series of rings and o-rings, turning the suit inside out, etc., etc.

Let me know if any other questions - happy to help

Back
Top Bottom