Thinking of doubling up my HP80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have my Halcyon weight pockets that came with my single tank BP/W. I’ll try those in the pool next month and see how that works. That at least costs me nothing extra.

Also, the new fins aren’t terribly heavy, at least not compared to Hollis F1.

One more option for weights if you're head-heavy is a rubber weight belt like freedivers use. If you have the rubber one (you can thread hard weights onto it), you can wear it lower on your hips, rather than around your waist. I've finally come to a solution for my very head-heavy 72s that includes some weight in the tail weight pouch, and some on a rubber weight belt around my hips.

I don't know why ladies are typically more head-heavy than guys, but that seems to be the trend among the divers I know locally.

I have weight pockets that will go on my harness waistband, but I use those only when doing single tank diving because for doubles, the manifold is heavy and I need the weight to sit lower than where it does with the pockets.

Also, we have the same regs. I have been diving doubles for about 18 mos, and I was considering getting the 5th port when I bought my Apeks regs (DST / XTX50) because of the sharp bends in the hoses. My instructor pooh-poohed the need for the 5th port, and at the time I was sure glad to save a buck. I haven't had a problem with the hose routing so far, although sure it would maybe look nicer with the 5th port.

Anyway here are mine. Hmm. Could not seem to embed a photo (and can't even remove the broken "image" links, because they aren't visible in the post editor). Word links will work hopefully?
Doubles
Doubles 2
CwsJ0h

6o2BXx

Also, we have the same regs. I have been diving doubles for about 18 mos, and I was considering getting the 5th port when I bought my Apeks regs (DST / XTX50) because of the sharp bends in the hoses. My instructor pooh-poohed the need for the 5th port, and at the time I was sure glad to save a buck. I haven't had a problem with the hose routing so far, although sure it would maybe look nicer with the 5th port.

Anyway here are mine. Hmm. Could not seem to embed a photo (and can't even remove the broken "image" links, because they aren't visible in the post editor). Word links will work hopefully?
Doubles
Doubles 2
CwsJ0h

6o2BXx

Yes, those worked. Hah! Even see you have a transmitter on right post, too! :wink:. Thanks for the pics. The 5th ports are “nice to have” not “have to have,” but they will certainly make the hose routing cleaner.

You upload a pic via the “upload a file” button when you’re writing a post.

For some reason the pics were broken links when I uploaded them with the "image" button. Oh well, the links worked ok.

A transmitter? Is that what that funky thing on the right post is? That must have jumped on there after my last class... hehe :wink:

Got my new to me fins today. Hog Tech 2 fins, size medium. They weigh 2lbs 7oz each per an older SB thread. Deep6 fins size S/M are 22oz (1lb 13.5oz) each. They fit well.

Definitely stiffer and shorter than my Deep6.
F9544F84-8C15-49FA-9C3A-23D4F2A6B31F.jpeg

My doubles regs are done. Just got the invoice via email. $365. Ouch. Annual service, 5th port added to both first stages, Apeks mouthpieces on both second stages replaced with AquaLung mouthpiece I like much better (AL Legend LX Supreme is my single tank reg). Will pick them up Sat and redo hose routing for pool session the following Sat.

Got a gray transmitter from Shearwater in place of the yellow one they was recalled since I’m not diving SM anymore. One transmitter will go on doubles set and the other on single tank, so I don’t have to keep moving transmitter.

All set up. Just had to get a shorter wing LP hose. A friend is loaning me a pair of Hollis F1 fins for the pool next Saturday to see how they work. I tried on a regular size pair (smallest size) at the shop today with drysuit boots and socks. They fit! Surprised me. Bit loose width wise, but OK length wise.
CD5484F7-6B70-410C-A3B7-894C1F37CC72.jpeg

Are you sure that there is no problem during valve drill with the transmitter?
I personally had he left (on the picture) 1st stage in the same direction as the right and the transmitter pointing to the middle.

Sorry not english native

Back
Top Bottom