Shearwater yellow transmitter replacements - delayed indefinitely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The transmitter interval is seconds. 4 or 5 seconds for the gray transmitter and yellow was supposed to have longer interval.
This whole thing seems strange. As there is no need for constant transmit interval, adding some random variability to transmit interval would prevent interference of two transmitters for any prolonged time. And only one transmitter type would be needed.
Maybe this is what they did at some point, as most of us haven't experienced the interference problem.

Yeah even if they were exactly the same, the only way they could sync would be if you turned the second tank on at exactly the right (wrong) time.

Nothing new since the email went out on January 16th - I had a concern as I'm moving and they've been plenty helpful in figuring out how to get it to me whenever they get to shipping them.

@ChuckP

Just email back to the Shearwater US rep. I ended up getting another gray transmitter since I’m not diving SM anymore. I’ll use the 2nd gray transmitter on my single tank regs so I don’t have to switch transmitter between single and doubles regs.

I actually did experience the problem with the yellow transmitter.

Curiosity question....... What is special about shearwater yellow xmitters???

And now it appears that they had the same interval, causing interference.

Back
Top Bottom