what editing software to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m experimenting with VDSC. Like it so far.

It's a long story, you can also find similar threads on the same topic
I will list here some options

Freeware:

VSDC
GoPro studio
kdenlive
Lightworks
Da Vinci resolve
Powerlink Color Director 5
Open Shot Video Editor
Hitfilm express
Shotcut

Commercial:

Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
Magix/Sony Vegas
Wondershare Filmora
Powerlink Power Director 15

Cloud based commercial:

Adobe Premiere
Adobe Lightroom

My choice would be Pinnacle Studio Ultimate but it's commercial software. Perhaps Powerlink Color Director 5 would be a good choice for you. Remember that to get good results you will need a red filter to mount on the go pro unless you are in shallow water. Some editing softwares require good and expensive hardware, Da Vinci resolve for example

Are you looking for software to use on a Mac or on a PC? That will make a difference in what gets recommended.

For a Mac, there is always iMovie.

GoPro also has editing software that you can download for free, but it is very basic.

I use Power Director and like it a lot.

You do need a filter appropriate to the water you're diving, red or magenta.

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector on a Windows computer. It seems easy enough to use and there are lots of Youtube videos on it if you need help. It's priced reasonably.

.. Any suggestions/guidance?
AVS on my desktop machine and Filmorago on my cell phone. Both have enough horsepower and features to get a first class production out or just a quick trim with sound and post. (I'm using windows and android)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom