St Andrews lake, Kent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver1981

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all. So we were given a bit of an exclusive i believe, the chance to dive a lake that is not as yet open to the general public (correct me if i am wrong!) So an intrepid bunch of us travelled down from the extreme reaches of East Anglia to have a dive and a look around. I should point out that this has been arranged before they are officially open, however if they cope like this when they are then there will be no problems! The help we received was second to none, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the lake is only 10% mapped as such so who knows what is in there to be found. i do know that i will be back at some point!

Couple of photos from there

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_70d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_70d.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 167
Hmmm haven't quite got the hang of this (And i don't like photobucket!)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_70c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_70c.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 382
Hi Mattherat. Looks like it could be an interesting inland change from Vobster, Chepstow and my occasional trek to Stoney. What was the Viz like? Also, what's the max depth? Ta.

Viz was good, around 5-6 metres even at depth. I think the maximum depth is 38m from memory, like i say in the original post who knows what else is in there to find!

Back
Top Bottom