Windstar Tahiti and Tuomoto Cruise and Diving With Non-Windstar Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon, which will be next fall.

We are seriously considering a cruise with Windstar. The 10 day cruise departing and returning to Papeete should work with our schedule. See Boutique Cruise Tahiti and the Tuamotu Islands Oct 20, 2019

From my research, the mostly-inclusive and cost-planned nature of the cruise will eliminate a lot of the uncertainty and cost of island hopping through these islands.

But I want to make sure that we maximize the diving during this dream trip!

If you have done this cruise, were you able to book dives with non-Windstar dive operators?
The Windstar diving excursions all look VERY overpriced and as an advanced/Nitrox diver I would be concerned about the cruise excursions not being geared towards advanced divers.

Any input is most appreciated.

I would also look at Paul Gauguin Cruises. They only have one ship and it only cruises French Polynesia, so they know what their doing.
Voyage Search
Everything( including the flight from L.A. and San Fransisco to Tahiti) is included except for excursions. | Paul Gauguin Cruises
You are able to book dives and excursions with outside operators with any cruise line but if you are late getting back to the ship on a non cruise line tour, they may leave without you, so be sure of your excursion times.
I would look at the Cruise Critic forums for more info about cruise trip planning. Windstar and Paul Gauguin both have their own forms on the board. Cruise Critic Community

Thanks, OWD.
We have looked into PG, but they only offer a 7 day cruise during the window that we can go, and we want to do a ten day cruise to maximize the islands that we will visit.

I will definitely check out Cruise Critic.

If you both dive why not do a liveaboard?
I did one once where there was a couple on their honeymoon.
They dove the morning dives and did a little R&R during the afternoon dives :hugs:
All the guests made sure to do the afternoon dives to provide a little extra privacy.

Back
Top Bottom