Maldives Aggressor II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drk5036

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I had been thinking about booking a liveaboard in the maldives, and saw the 25% off deal on the Maldives Aggressor II. Has anyone taken a trip with this boat and have any feedback? It's my first "long" liveaboard trip, and I'm nervous about putting down so much money. I saw some pretty bad things about the Maldives Agressor from 2014-2016, but it seems that the Franchisee went out of business, and the Maldives Aggressor II is run by new people. I saw at least one review online which was very positive from the Maldives Aggressor II. Hoping to hear some more thoughts. I'm looking to go for a week starting from April 27 or 28, so if you have other suggestions I'm also open.

Hi All,

I had been thinking about booking a liveaboard in the maldives, and saw the 25% off deal on the Maldives Aggressor II. Has anyone taken a trip with this boat and have any feedback? It's my first "long" liveaboard trip, and I'm nervous about putting down so much money. I saw some pretty bad things about the Maldives Agressor from 2014-2016, but it seems that the Franchisee went out of business, and the Maldives Aggressor II is run by new people. I saw at least one review online which was very positive from the Maldives Aggressor II. Hoping to hear some more thoughts. I'm looking to go for a week starting from April 27 or 28, so if you have other suggestions I'm also open.

Hi! I have the same question, as I am thinking of going there in July. I also saw the old bad reviews.

Would be very interested in your experience is you actually do go on April 27/28!

Thanks!

In the Maldives, there is a Green Fee of USD6/night payable by all tourists. Some LOBs will charge you this at the end of the trip.

As far as I am aware, there are no park fees payable in the Maldives except for USD20 for snorkelling with mantas at Hanifaru Bay, which may not be on your itinerary.

I suggest that you check out what payments are not included in the Maldives Aggressor II price and compare it to other LOBs.

On my trip, I was diving with a freelance guide as the staff guide was on leave, so I cannot comment on the quality of their guides. I quite liked their dive procedure of all dive groups entering the water at the same time. On other LOBs, groups enter the water sequentially.

Food was good. All meals were buffet style except for dinner which was always s 4 course affair, which I found too formal.

On my trip, a female guest told me that one of the crew tried to lure her into his cabin. I suppose sailors will be sailors.

Back
Top Bottom