Accommodations near Divi Flamingo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minnesota Cricket

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning to go to Bonaire over Christmas 2019. We have stayed at both Divi Flamingo (2014) and Capt Don's (2017). The wife wants to go back to Divi Flamingo because she really liked their house reef, but I was not a huge fan of their available rooms as I really like to have a kitchen. So I am wondering if there are any VRBO/AirBNB places close to the Divi dive operation? I guess the other question is can you use the Divi dive shop if you are not staying there (i.e. dive lockers, tanks, ect.) Thanks!

a few to check:

Carib Inn - just south of the Divi - has their own dive operation
Blachi Koko - across the street and south a little.

more of a walk inland:
Hotel Sonrisa

one of these is a lot farther north than the other - both north of the Divi past the piers IIRC:
Bonaire Oceanfront Apts
Bonaire Seaside Apts.

If she liked the house reef at Divi, she will love the house reefs further north at Buddy Dive Habitat, Sanddollar etc. Why limit yourself to one area?

See my recent trip report. Djambo is right there. More of an Inn but on the more budget end and great.

fwiw people have posted the Divi discourages Cruise ship walk-ins but maybe you get treated better if you buy a week pkg.

The wife wants to go back to Divi Flamingo because she really liked their house reef, but I was not a huge fan of their available rooms as I really like to have a kitchen.!

Hi,
I'm going to Bonaire for the first time this June and I'm staying at the Divi Flamingo. Care to give a quick review?

Hi,
Stayed at Divi this past April. Room was clean, short walk to the Dive Shop. I would give the resort a 3 star. Easy access to downtown and 3 supermarkets within a 15 minute walk. Diving was good with a but. Most days 2 cruise ships were next door and docked. Planning on going back this April and will try another hotel/resort, likely north. e.g. Buddys, Capt Dons, Sand Dollar, etc. Hope this short review helps.

Have stayed at Divi 2X and appreciated it being quiet at night. At Curacao last year and didn't realize it was impossible to be close to the water without being close to the partying. Going back to Divi in June.

We are planning to go to Bonaire over Christmas 2019. We have stayed at both Divi Flamingo (2014) and Capt Don's (2017). The wife wants to go back to Divi Flamingo because she really liked their house reef, but I was not a huge fan of their available rooms as I really like to have a kitchen. So I am wondering if there are any VRBO/AirBNB places close to the Divi dive operation? I guess the other question is can you use the Divi dive shop if you are not staying there (i.e. dive lockers, tanks, ect.) Thanks!
The timeshare units at Divi have a full kitchen. They are also as close as you can get to the dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom