DiveAssure vs Dan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which means nothing when it comes to getting your bills paid, but sounds good huh?

I figured having to deal with a sole insurance company rather than multiple would have been better. I've only had a handful of insurance claims, but dealing with multiple insurance companies to try to get reimbursed sounds like a nightmare in an already bad bad sisituation.

I have carried DiveAssure annual coverage for several years (despite a HORRIBLE website, security problems, and issues with purchasing insurance -- see other thread in this forum).

This year, I went to renew and the site had a cryptic message which, after several phone calls, meant that they can no longer sell insurance in my state. (It's said to be temporary, but no indication of just how temporary).

So i went to the DAN site to compare their annual plan, and in all browsers and on all devices this morning, it appears as though the site is using an invalid security certificate that likely does not belong to the real DAN. All browsers indicate that the site is unsafe.

Is anyone else getting these messages?

This year, I went to renew and the site had a cryptic message which, after several phone calls, meant that they can no longer sell insurance in my state. (It's said to be temporary, but no indication of just how temporary).
They haven't been licensed to sell US coverage in some time I don't think.

So i went to the DAN site to compare their annual plan, and in all browsers and on all devices this morning, it appears as though the site is using an invalid security certificate that likely does not belong to the real DAN. All browsers indicate that the site is unsafe.
No problem here. Are you going to this site? DAN: Divers Alert Network - Scuba Diving and Dive Safety Association

I have carried DiveAssure annual coverage for several years (despite a HORRIBLE website, security problems, and issues with purchasing insurance -- see other thread in this forum).

Is anyone else getting these messages?

I just got connected fine at DAN | Insurance using Firefox on Windows 10.

I did too after about an hour. Thanks for checking.

DandyDon, I'm specifically talking about international travel insurance. I have had the DiveAssure annual plan for many years, and this is the first year they're saying I can't renew, because my state won't allow them to sell it to me.

DandyDon, I'm specifically talking about international travel insurance.
Ok, so did you try the DAN link I posted?

Yes, it worked within about an hour of my posting, as i posted on my reply to bob. FWIW, I'm probably going to forego the "trip insurance" portion entirely, using my credit card coverage instead, and just get good travel medical coverage to combine with DAN dive insurance. It was nice having all three under a single policy with DiveAssure. But they don't seem to be able to provide it anymore.

I'm probably going to forego the "trip insurance" portion entirely, using my credit card coverage instead, and just get good travel medical coverage to combine with DAN dive insurance.
Medical and medical repatriation are the most important risks in traveling out of the country, I think - the main reasons I take trip insurance, altho it has paid when some of us were delayed returning at times. DAN membership includes repatriation, so I'd say your approach sounds prudent if everyone is covered by both. Let me know if you find good medical coverage for significantly less than trip insurance. I use TravelSafe.com, and their medical only coverage is about half their Classic trip insurance, but for the $40 difference - I may keep using the Trip coverage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom