Sdm 2.0.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KarliP:
I also tried the new SDM 2.0.1. I imported my aata from 1.6, seems to work so far. But when I want to look at the dive graphs, I got many SQL errors, altough it then seemed to work.

This was similar to what happened to me. I imported a D3 .SDL from SDM 1.6. Once the SQL error dialogs start popping, there is no way to get rid of them, the more you click OK, the more they stack up.

android:
This was similar to what happened to me. I imported a D3 .SDL from SDM 1.6. Once the SQL error dialogs start popping, there is no way to get rid of them, the more you click OK, the more they stack up.

I didn't get any SQL errors when I imported my Cobra SDL file. I did it on two different machines.

android:

Try moving the mouse pointer to and edge of the screen and hit return, it works for me!

Andrews:
I have little problem. The new ver 2.0.1 don't working with my non suunto interface. Have you got somebody same problem?

Sure, I have a home made interface too and this version doesn't work with my mosquito. Revert to 1.6.

Guys, my advice to everyone is to not use the new version until these problems are worked out which may be quite a while... that is unless you're loaded and have the new suunto model that requires it. version 1.6 works fine and actually isn't that old anyway.

As I'm sure a lot of you remember, Suunto came out with version 1.51 last year (or earlier this year?) which had no obvious improvements over 1.4 and actually they managed to throw a bug into it that would give an error message saying that no interface was found when it actually was. Several months later they finally fixed the bug with version 1.6, again with no vast improvements over version 1.4.

Seems like to me the only reason for the new version is to support the new model in the lineup with what only seems like problems for other users.

When in doubt ask SUUNTO I always say. Here is what tbey have to say about SDM 2.0:

The SDM 2.0 is only listed under the new D9 for now, as it is the only product that “needs” SDM 2.0. The SDM does however work with the entire current range. There are still many bugs to be fixed in the SDM 2.0 and new updates are posted almost weekly.

As the SDM 2.0 is a totally separate program I would suggest installing it (and still keep the 1.6 version) and trying it out. You can import your old *.sdl logbooks. If it still is too unstable for you, you can go back to using 1.6, and wait until we get newer versions of 2.0.

Sten Stockmann
Product Manager
Suunto Oy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom