PG in Dec/Jan ...so rainy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, unfortunately the forecast appears to be worsening on rainfall in the southern Luzon and PG areas. Winds looks mostly the same for now, but with maybe a prolonged affect in the straight between Mindoro and Luzon, Saturday evening through Monday overnight. Anilao is still looking diveable, albeit wet....

I was diving in PG in October. According to weather forecast it had to be raining with lightning every day. During the whole week I saw a light rain only once for 10 minutes :)

I returned and all went fine! It rained some days, some other we had a splendid sun (XMas day has been great and we had a BCD beer party in the middle of the channel.. lol). We haven't affected by Usman at all.
Probably December isn't the best month to do if you look for every sun day, but it didn't effected the dives at all and the visibility was OK except in a couple of places.
It was my first time in the Philippines, people are really friendly and helpful, it has been probably the most relaxing scuba holiday I've ever had: I don't remember to have ever moved a tank or even transported my fins myself (lol).
Scuba wise (talking exclusively about December as I dunno about the other month) I still prefer the Caribbean area as fishes, visibility, reefs type; but in PG the difference was about the diversity (I never seen that much different "things", mostly small toh, together in the same place...) and the people, whenever it was about a specific Operator, ppl really made a huge difference coz it was like diving with a big family and friends (even if you knew these chaps a day before).

In PG was my best diving ever: extremely good service, very nice diving sites, proximity of diving sites. Also, I am a big fan of "small" things. This is ideal place for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom