Diving in Dubai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koksie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I am going to be in Dubai for three days next week and am wondering if it is worth it to make a dive during my stay. I love diving and try to squeeze in a dive when I get the chance, but a quick read on the forum does not really give me much hope...

I will be with my wife on a short honeymoon, so I am not able to spend too much time on diving. I think I'll manage to convince her to give me half a day, so one dive on a nearby divesite should be possible, but from reading the threads here, I get the feeling that there are no possibilities for such a short timeframe.

Dibba Rock, Musandam, etc. seem to be too far out for me I guess. Is it worth or even possible to dive somewhere in or "close" to Dubai, or are all worthwhile divesites out of reach for half a day? I don't really like aquarium dives, so the Dubai Aquarium is not an option for me.

Thanks for your help.

PM sent

As far as I know there are no dive boats operating out of Dubai these days.

An hour's drive north to RAK will get you to Al Jazeira or east to Fujairah but unless it's a weekend not much chance of getting a dive in.

Two hour drive to Dibba and you should get a dive in with Sandy Beach, Freestyle or Diver's Down.

Bring your wife, she can sit on the beach if she wants to, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

It would be different if you were here in summertime and had at least a week to spare over a weekend (Fri/Sat).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom