Blue Rose Divers Ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frank707

Registered
Reaction score
I've been to Ambon last month and while researching i couldn't find much info on Blue Rose Divers but deceided to go with them anyway, mainly for the cost and they have a bigger boat then Blue Motion Divers.
I'm very happy with that decision , i did 23 dives with BRD.
Two morning dives and a nightdive each day , after the second dive there was a simple lunch provided , rice with chicken , fish etc. After that i changed batteries , downloaded images and had a nap prior to the nightdive.
I rented a extra room at BRD but stayed at Grecia guesthouse wich is a 5 minute ride on a motobike away .
Diveboats are big , suiting up on board is not a issue , they don't have nitrox or bigger tanks , and i didn't look at the rental equipment.
Reason for staying at Grecia is to get away from the diveshop for some time , Laha were the shop is is very quiet and BRD is not a resort.
Big advantage for me was that there are not many people diving with them so we had max. 3 divers on board.
Dived mostly on the side from BRD , Laha etc but since there were a couple of Rhinopia's on the other side of the bay so we crossed the bay also for two days diving , at a extra cost for the fuel.
They use a bigger boat for these dives and i liked that side better , seen some nice rinopias , boxer crabs with eggs , pipefish with eggs and a mantis schrimp with eggs , theres a pattern in there..
Since my buddy for these dives was videoing and i'm taking pics we hired a extra guide for these dives .
The guide from DRD got sick during one of these days and they managed to get a female guide to help us out ,
i was very impressed with the effort they put in to provide a good experience for us.
So i will go back to Ambon and i would be using Blue Rose Divers again its good value for money , good guides and very rich in critters , just realise its not a luxery resort.
I was surprised at the number of harlequin shrimps , boxer crabs and surprisingly at one dive we came across a big school of blue-spotted rays , min 100 or so.

Some pics : Coconut Octopus reminds me of a roman soldier
Coconut-Octopus-Ambon-2018-4044.jpg

Flamboyant Cuttlefish
Flamboyant Cuttlefish-Ambon-2018-4470.jpg

Ribbon Eel
Ribbon eel-Ambon-2018-4432.jpg

Pipefish w Eggs
Pipefish w eggs-Ambon-2018-4564.jpg

Emperor schrimp
Emporer schrimpl-Ambon-2018-4713.jpg

Soft Coral crab
Soft coral crab-Ambon-2018-5036.jpg

Algea Octopus
Algea-octopus-Ambon-2018-3670.jpg

Frank

Hi,

we plan to dive with bluerose in October. Sent several email but no reply. How did you get in touch with them & do you have any contact (email) of Grecia guesthouse. We would like to stay there but I can`t find any contact at web for advanced booking. May be you can help.

Best regards from Germany

Markus

Hallo Marcus ,
I've used facebook for my contact with Bluerose , they also made the reservation with Grecia for me , they do have e-mail but English is difficult @ Grecia.
Regards, Frank

The most flamboyant cuttlefish I have ever seen! Great pics! Maybe your camera gear details in signature is a good idea..

Cheers

Excellent photos , thanks for sharing . What camera did you use ?

Thanks for the nice comments , i'm using a Nikon D500 mostly with a 60 mm macro in a Nauticam housing.
Frank

Can somebody verify where exactly is Blue Rose on a map? A pin/link to gooble maps would be great.
I am thinking to arange a week there towards the end of January but I am looking for alternative accommodation. I was told that Patra hotel is good, but I don't know how far it is from Blue Rose (preferably I want something within walking distance).
Thanks in advance.

Paste the adres from Blue rose divers : Jl.Raya Air Manis, Desa Laha Ambon in google maps and u can see for yourself.
Patra is within walking distance.
Frank

Paste the adres from Blue rose divers : Jl.Raya Air Manis, Desa Laha Ambon in google maps and u can see for yourself.
Patra is within walking distance.
Frank
That's strange. I did try the address, and google maps brought me somewhere across the bay! That's why I asked.
Now the location makes sense.
Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom