USD manifold.. ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghetto Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking through catalogs and what manuals I can find and haven't found info so here I am
This part is begging to be removed in a overhaul..
20190101_154433.jpg

Dates to '57.
Assuming this was made to accommodate options.

We are looking at a "J" valve, right? If so, then there should be: the hex nut (plug), a washer, a 300 psi spring, a washer, and the disc and retainer assembly. My diagram is exactly the same as what regulator bj posted.

That is the manifold end on the right side tank opposite from the J valve on the left side tank, it is merely a plug with a nylon gasket behind it. It serves no other function, it does not accommodate any options such as an SPG

I just looked at mine from the 1960s, and it also has that nut. I have never removed it, although someone did years ago from the gouges on the nut. It is meant to be on permanently, and not removed even during overhaul unless leaking. I'll look to see what the U.S. Navy Diving Manual, March 1970 says later.

SeaRat

PS, I just looked at the U.S. Navy Diving Manual, March 1970 which details the breakdown and maintenance of this manifold. There is no reference to removing the Figure and Index #D-18-16, (Part #0532-07, "Cap, Elbow" or its other part, D-18-17, (Part #8210s11, "Washer, Teflon" in that manual. It is not meant to be removed is my conclusion, and I never have.

Back
Top Bottom