NY Diver drowned yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the articles it seems that he was an experienced technical diver. Sad. Diving around debris with no buddy support seems pretty dangerous. Of course the problems could have been due to any number of factors.
He had buddies.....

First of all, understand that is not a report. It's an incident narrative. All this does is describe what the responder(s) observed and was (were) told on scene initially. These are often not entirely correct and will be supplemented by various (and more complete) reports.

The report(s) you are looking for won't be released until the investigation is complete.
Here's a report Issued by the patrolman who came upon the dive buddies leaving the scene...

The timeline in this article, if true, suggests that he was in the water for 4 hours before his GF who wasn't there called the police because he was overdue.
My question is, what about the two people who were there with him? Why did they wait for the police to arrive to ask for help? Doesn't sound logical to wait for 3 hours after a guy was supposed to surface to sound the alarm.
They were coming back tomorrow.
Tilly Foster.jpg

Wow. I just realized that this occurred in 2017. Sorry, have the flu. Have you tried contacting the Putnam County, Fl. SO and asked for the case package? It's a FOIA request and should cost practically nothing. Case number 2017-006399. There should be several other reports included in the package, including one from the recovery team. That's probably the most informative one. Again, that's just the narrative, and only part of it.

Was that the Dan Wright that got diving access to Diepolder 2&3 shut down?
Michael

The same. Also that guy that wrote a letter to a judge talking about the wonderful character of a gentleman serving time in federal prison for the sex trafficking of an underage girl.

OMG! Three hours later? We were going to come back in the morning? Can we leave now? Who in the hell is this guy? Diepolder is shut down? I hadn't heard. I understand the replies to my Tilly Foster inquiries now.

Apparently so. What happened to get Diebolder shut down?

Long story short, he was told to never come back by the guides there....then threw a temper tantrum and threatened the BSOA dudes at the upper echelon with legal action if he wasn’t allowed back....so BSOA shut access down completely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom