PPX bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gtoph

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought the ppx and using it on our trip now. I notice that everytime we surface the bluetooth automagically turns on and stays on. Had almost a full charge yesterday, but this morning happened to notice the batteries on both were in the 30% range because of it staying on. Fortunately they lasted for the two morning dives.

I have bluetooth disabled and i dont see any option for automatically enabling it after a dive? I have to go back in and enable/redisable to force it off everytime.

Have the latest firmware, so am i missing something or is this a bug in the software.. pretty annoying it needlessly drains an already limited battery.

To update, I never heard a word back on this or another reg issue I have, even on their official direct support email/phone.

I have no expectation of any official representative actually monitoring this board, but on the off chance, what happened to you?!

You used to be a great company, I actually knew an old area rep, who has now moved on, but because of him, bought a lot of your products in the past. Since around the time you were powned by Huish however, your support, product quality and customer service has become absolutely abysmal.

From what I consider a PPX bug, to continuing to provide wrong parts for regular repairs, that both me and the dealers themselves have to dig way to much into to figure out is insane (yes there is a long story here).

This stuff literately is life or death and you don't care anymore. I really want to love and use your products, and I used to. Both my wife and I have nearly a complete setup from you, but you've given up, and at this point, I have zero faith in you.

Even your own dealers are frustrated with you, and it's not just one, I've spoken with multiple who, behind closed doors, basically all have the same opinion of you, even though many don't express that directly which I can't fault them for. Being an end customer though, I don't have any reservations telling you that you have some serious issues.

Unfortunately, the only way I think you are going to realize this is with dollars, so I honestly implore anyone reading this to not buy any Oceanic, or any other product from Huish (Atomic, Bare, Suunto, Zeagle), until they get the sheiot together. Spend your hard eared money on products from a company that actually stands behind their products.

It's a bummer man... Everything I read prior to buying my OCi was that they were top notch customer service.

Just today I was looking at their Reactive Titan Black sizing chart thinking I would try one on after my dives this weekend to see how they fit.

I may still do that but depending on how this issue goes with my compass on the OCi, I may or may not actually buy one when the water gets cold again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom