Favorite Digital Dive Log?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd Whitworth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Buddies,

I have been using PADI's Scuba Earth for my digital log. It's a little clunky but it's worked. Well, that site is going the way of the Do Do bird and being replaced by mypadi (still in beta). Most of my data from Scuba Earth has been ported over to the new site, but a lot of the information is wrong and I'm having to re-do it. What a pain. Anyhow, wanted to know peoples opinion's on different digital logs, and get some recommendations.

I'm also going to write all my dives in my paper log as a backup.

Cheers,

Todd

I use Subsurface with an iMac. So far seems to work well with my Suunto.

I use Divelog 6.0 and share data via dropbox with Divemate on my phone and tablet.

I also use Divelog 6.0, and sync data using their iOS app.

I know your pain of data not being ported over. I started using a digital log using Ruiz Dive log back in the Palm Pilot days and onto my (new at the time) Palm Treo phone. I eventually had to copy my log manually to a new platform (Android at the time) when it went extinct with no easy export options. It sucked.

I think that most options now are easily exportable to Excel or similar. Avoid any that are not to avoid going through this again.

Subsurface here.

Used dive logs.de to transfer between non compatible computers (not many, but mainly the liquivisions) and old logs from other sites/software.

I also use their mobile app (iPhone). Just save your local (computer) file before syncing with the cloud ...

_R

I use Divelog 6.0 and share data via dropbox with Divemate on my phone and tablet.
I'm using Divemate on Android.

For $26 I got the "everything" upgrade so I can add/manage equipment lists and upload from any supported dive computer (currently using a USB OTG adapter cable with Suunto's USB cable and my phone or tablets).
You can upload/download the database to Google Drive & Dropbox to backup & sync across multiple devices. It also supports exporting in other formats.
Logs can also be exported in .pwd for printing with depth/temp graphs from your computer data.
Free to try.

Subsurface for me. With the cloud storage I can manage my own and look at the whole family's from my PC or Apple devices.

I use Diverlog + because my dive computer can Bluetooth sync to it on my iPhone.

Super simple, not crazy detailed. Perfect for the recreational diving I’m doing right now.

I still keep paper copies in my log book as a back up and to collect dive center stamps and buddy signatures.

Hey Buddies,

I have been using PADI's Scuba Earth for my digital log. It's a little clunky but it's worked. Well, that site is going the way of the Do Do bird and being replaced by mypadi (still in beta). Most of my data from Scuba Earth has been ported over to the new site, but a lot of the information is wrong and I'm having to re-do it. What a pain. Anyhow, wanted to know peoples opinion's on different digital logs, and get some recommendations.

I'm also going to write all my dives in my paper log as a backup.

Cheers,

Todd

I put together an excel dive log which I'll share below. Works well for me.

Dive Log: Box

+1 for subsurface. It's free; it's open-source; has both cloud and local storage;works with all the dive computers I've used (subsurface recent release fully supports Shearwater Teric); it's multi-platform: I have it on two laptop PCs and my Android phone. Also has a very useful dive planning function.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom