Why Mactan Island is worth a look

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The better sites are NOT along the coast of Mactan Island they are on the opposite side across the channel. And the best(Hilutungan and Nasuluan Sanctuaries) are quite a distance away. Most operators would NOT take you there unless there is a big group or you are willing to pay the extra.
Two issues of diving/staying in Mactan:
1. Getting away from the Korean and the commie chinese.
2. Competent operator if you do not want to be taken for a ride.

Map of Dive Spots Mactan Cebu Philippines

I will always have a warm spot in my heart for Mactan Island and Lapu Lapu City.

I have 4 days of diving booked out of Mactan in February 2019. Update and smiles to follow.....
GJS

I have 4 days of diving booked out of Mactan in February 2019. Update and smiles to follow.....
GJS
If you are into macro photography I think you are in for a treat. I'd love to hear how your experience was.

I will always have a warm spot in my heart for Mactan Island and Lapu Lapu City.
I managed a hatchery on Mactan back in the 80s.
We did a lot of free diving monitoring our intake pipe. At that time it was pretty devastated from dynamite fishing. We watched some guys blowing it up just off the NE end near Lapu Lapu. There weren’t many Lapu Lapu left.

The first time I went to Mactan, we dove in the marine park. We heard and felt dynamite going off way too close. This last trip I didn't experience that, and admittedly, there weren't a lot of big fish, but the macro was fantastic.

The better sites are NOT along the coast of Mactan Island they are on the opposite side across the channel. And the best(Hilutungan and Nasuluan Sanctuaries) are quite a distance away. Most operators would NOT take you there unless there is a big group or you are willing to pay the extra.
Two issues of diving/staying in Mactan:
1. Getting away from the Korean and the commie chinese.
2. Competent operator if you do not want to be taken for a ride.

Map of Dive Spots Mactan Cebu Philippines

I dive Mactan and you are right about the area for dives. not great if not your first time but a good experience for quick dives. same trip did hilutungan and Nasuluan and got dynamited at Nasuluan marine preserve so better area wasnt better.

but gotta say your RACIST remarks about koreans....i saw them and have huge korean communites here in silicon valley in san jose CA ....they are tourists like everyone.... but saying COMMIE CHINESE.... dude....filipinos are the most RACIST people on the planet. I have tons of filipino friends and ex girlfriends....they are all racist. YOU are racist.

I may talk alot of trash but I love all people all nationalities. YOU judge people on where they are from and shade of tans in P.I.

slow your roll you arent any better than any korean or chinese person. grow up

GJS
hit me up ill be there feb 16 thru mar 7 but will be in coron and siargao and moalboal some of the time. let me know if you need a dive partner ill be diving mactan same time

but gotta say your RACIST remarks about koreans....i saw them and have huge korean communites here in silicon valley in san jose CA ....they are tourists like everyone.... but saying COMMIE CHINESE.... dude....filipinos are the most RACIST people on the planet. I have tons of filipino friends and ex girlfriends....they are all racist. YOU are racist.
I do not think Pinoys are racists at all.
I have immense dislike of commie chinese and if that made me a racist than so be it. Do I care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom