Recommendations for Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spencerthePA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are flying to Thailand today for our honeymoon and will be there for 25 days total. We are taking our own dive gear with us and will be on The Junk liveaboard for 5 days. Following the cruise we will be in Southern Thailand for about 2 weeks. This part of our trip pretty open and we a looking to dive as much as we can in the area. Are there any good sites/areas or outfitters that anyone recommends?

I like Davy Jones Locker on Koh Tao and Andaman Dive Adventure on Koh Lanta.

Koh Tao - not great diving, in terms of biodiversity, but topside is fun and the island is compact enough to explore. Typical day is: dive shop by 6:30 AM, two dives, return to land for lunch, two afternoon dives, finish around 3-4 PM, night dive possible around 5-6 PM, finish around 7-8 PM. If you're going to be there for a while, pay for the multi-day pass and dive as much as you want.

Koh Lanta - great dive sites, but about 1.5-2 hrs by boat. Typical day is: dive shop by 7-7:30 AM, breakfast on boat, 2-3 dives with fresh fruit during surface intervals, lunch on the way back, finish around 3-4 PM.

You are in good hands on the Junk. Marco C is a professional and a good all around guy. Have a great time!

Koh Lanta is a great, relaxed island, with some of the best land-based diving in Thailand. And there's lots of big stuff around at the moment... Try Lanta Diver - they have two big boats, and a speedboat if you prefer shorter trips...

I cant make any recommendations but I would be very interested in your views on the Junk after your trip as we are seriously considering booking her for a trip also!

For fundiving the DMs at Big Blue Diving, Koh Tao are second to none. They also have a separate boat for their fundivers, so you don't have to go to the weaker beginner sites.

Just got back from Thailand. Can't recommend Dive & Relax enough. You drop off the gear, it is ready for you on the boat. It's a 45 minute speedboat run out to Koh Haa, lunch and drinks included. As a bonus, they clean your gear for you. It was a great couple of days of diving.

I cant make any recommendations but I would be very interested in your views on the Junk after your trip as we are seriously considering booking her for a trip also!
We just got back from our trip and we’re completely blown away by how well The Junk is operated. To be honest we did not have great diving conditions, green water and low visibility the whole time. But Marco the cruise director is a complete professional and class act. You can honestly tell he loves what he does. And the staff both Dive Guides and Thai boat crew are by far the best around. And the food was fantastic the whole time. You honestly get about 5 meals a day....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom