Sheldon sporting goods compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone else using a Sheldon sporting goods compressor? I figured Id post a few questions on here before I drive Jim nuts!!!

Does anyone use the Model bGAS4-2 is a Kidde, belt drive, 6.5 HP gas powered or something comparable. I like the fact that it is continuous duty rated and I really like the fact that the guy who makes it is available for any questions, service, repair, and is a respected memebr of several boards.
Also - About what does it weigh - much of my use will be garage - but about half will be topping off doubles on the boat in between dives.

Is anyone using this compressor for continuous blending of Nitrix BELOW 40% with a Nitrox stick. I know that since it is a mil spec unit - the RPMs are high and some would say not to continuous blend with it - but that others say it isnt a problem at all.

I already ordered the Oxyhacker book (yesterday).

Thanks for any feedback from Sheldon customers or those familiar with these units

I own a 4.2 cfm WK compressor and love it. I bought the head and then needed help getting it up and running. Jim was very very helpful and helped me save lots of money. I ended up buying some other parts from Jim and was pleased with the service.

Next month I plan on building my mix stick and will be continous blending Nitrox up to 40%. I was hoping to have it already completed but ended up working way to many hours at work for the last several months.

Bill

Manni,
The unit is 19 X 19 X 34 long and weights 142 pounds. The frame makes it easy for two people to carry.

Jim

Im am seeking an address I can get mine fixed, have stuck 3rd stage, Jim had an address I guess on the website, but I cant find it. frogman, help me out.

Send to me at awoutahere at gmail.com please thank you Mike

Send to me at awoutahere at gmail.com please thank you Mike
Mike,
I have a Kidde that Jim has been a tremendous help with. Have you officially taken the torch from Jim on the Kidde upkeep and repairs?

Jim is mostly retired and is referring compressor repairs and parts orders to Elevate Systems in Austin, TX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom