Quickest way to change gas on Perdix AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point. I would think that could be written into the software. If the pressure drops to fast it would recognize it or flash an ERROR message you could button tap to acknowledge.
I would be more concerned with what is wrong and fix that, instead of having the right settings on my computer to be honest.

However, it would be nice if the Shearwaters recognize switching from one tank to another. Specially while sidemounting. But I can imagine there might be some difficulties to program this in a reliable way. In other words: it takes quite some time and effort to program and test this.

It is the divers responsibility to always know what they are breathing, and the gas change in Shearwaters is really easy and quick (especially if you choose the new style from advanced settings).
What's this new style? Doesn't sound familiar.

Two styles, classic and new. New style is a several years old feature so it is new only relative to classic.

Perdix manual page 51.
"
The new style makes visualizing the gas list easier. It also reduces button presses for deco gas switches.
When diving and there is a deco stop, the first gas pointed to will be the most appropriate gas (highest PPO2 less than 1.61). This reduces button presses in most cases.
"

I find the new style much better. I guess most people never read the manual or dig into advanced config and don't find it.

whatever you do get a thorough understanding of how it works and build a system that will work as your diving demands grow -only turn on the gas modes that you carry, set your gas to the correct % - dont get sloppy- bad habits at the start will carry on to your tec diving where stuff ups may cost you

Back
Top Bottom